Well...

3,576 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr Global Warming
MidnightBevo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...that sucked.

I had prepared psychologically and emotionally for a loss. Two great defenses, two offenses who do what they do better than just about anyone. Dangerous return men on both teams and shaky coverage for both.

I was prepared for a close game against a very good Bama team. But to have Colt go down on the first drive was gut wrenching. At that point I had all but conceded the loss. And then to stage that second half come back only to cough it up on the one sack(thanks a million Herbstreet) we gave up all night...ugh. That sucked.

Hate it for Colt. Crappy way to end a great career. Hate it for all the seniors. Hate it for the defense that played great. Hate it for Gilbert, tough place to get your first meaningful snaps.

That said congrats to Alabama. That's a great team. Ingram overcame the Heisman pressure to become one of a very few people to win both in the same year. There is no way to know what would have happened with Colt. We would have played different on offense. But Bama would have played differently on defense, and likely on offense too(less conservative). So there is no way to know and to take anything away from Bama is BS. You build depth to protect against injury. We lost the worst possible person, but we also didn't have Gilbert in the offense enough this year. Still with that the receivers dropped balls, etc. or we might have pulled it off. Bama made fewer mistakes and won the game. Congrats to them.

On the upside for Texas I was proud of how the team handled the adversity. The OL really bounced back against a great D in game plan that became much more predictable. Muschamp's D really played well and I look for to seeing it get better in the coming year(s). I also feel a lot better about Gilbert going into next year. I was already felt good about the level of talent, but handled that situation incredibly well and I look forward to seeing him taking snaps next year.

And I'm really proud of Colt. Great player, and great career. He handled what had to be his toughest night as a player incredibly well. And his post game interviews made me proud as a Longhorn and a person of faith. It's easy to thank God and praise him for his blessings and talk about how you trust in his sovereignty when you're on top of the world. It's another thing when you feel like the world just took a big steamy one on your face and took away the one thing you've been working toward for years.

"I always give God the glory. I never question why things happen the way they do. God is in control of my life. And I know that if nothing else I'm standing on the Rock."

Whatever else he does or doesn't do in the NFL I'll show my son how he responded in that situation.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG

Please.
Noble Men
AG
Cliff notes:
He is trying to say Here, that he does not run away from the board on a lost, that and he is proud of his team.
AgKJ
AG
quote:
He handled what had to be his toughest night as a player incredibly well.

You're right, he didn't look nearly as sick and disappointed over being unable to play as Sam Bradford did when he hurt HIS shoulder.
MidnightBevo
KJ,

Not really sure the point you are trying to make.
FairwayAg
AG
Sucks for Colt to go out like that. Plus I really didn't want any excuses from the horns.
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
There is no way to know what would have happened with Sam. OU would have played different on offense.

fify

[This message has been edited by Harry Stone (edited 1/8/2010 2:14p).]
Muy
AG
I like hearing their excuses, proves what we all know about the sips fans. They are FOS like everyone else.
AgKJ
AG
quote:
KJ,

Not really sure the point you are trying to make.

Rhymes with "Cart".

But starts with an "H" instead.
MidnightBevo
Muy and Fairway,

None of that was meant to be an excuse. Just sucks to go out that way.

Harry,

I said basically the same thing at the time. There is no way to know what would have happened had Bradford been in that game and no way to know what would have happened had McCoy been in this one. The game plan and game completely changes. Texas won that game and Bama won this one.

KJ,

you are a dewsh.
AJ02
AG
welllll....i could be like a certain t-sip dewsh poster, who no matter what an aggie said on t+1, threw out the "congrats on the moral victory". following new threads around, just to post that over, and over, and over again.

but...i'm an aggie and not a dewsh. and i agree with what you said. tough way for colt to end his college career. you never want to see a good player hurt. and also, i wish BOTH teams were completely healthy, because nothing is more irritating than hearing the sips make excuses about why they lost.
AJ02
AG
actually...there would be something more irritating.

hearing the sips brag about a win. so i guess, i'd rather the outcome we got instead.
bayou country Ag08
quote:
because nothing is more irritating than hearing the sips make excuses about why they lost.

This right here is it
Bob_Ag
AG
Defense played great?

Didn't Ingram and Richardson gash your #1 ranked rush D for like 200+ yards despite knowing they were going to run it every time?

I realize McElroy had a horrible passing night but I think that had more to do with him sucking and their horribly conservative playcalling.

FairwayAg
AG
MB,

I didn't mean to imply you were giving excuses. Like Jen said, I wanted both teams to be healthy so no one could second guess the outcome. I truly do feel bad for Colt. He is a great kid. Any university would be a fool to not want a represtative such as him.

Too bad he has a glass jaw.
MidnightBevo
Jen,

that wasn't me, and you and I have found common ground before. Trying to stay clear of making any excuses.

For the record I think the Big 12 south is wide open next year. Tech is an absolute unknown, Texas and OU will return talent, but will be working in a lot of new guys. OSU loses a lot. BU get Griffin back and it will be interesting to see what they can do. A&M will be in its best position in years.

If JJ makes half as much improvement from this year to next as he did the year before he'll go from a very good college QB to a great one. Those young receivers are going to be scary next year. I'm not sure how much of your starting OL is coming back but if they can give JJ just a little more time than he had this year your offense will be very hard to stop. If whoever the new DC is can come in and build on what Kines did that side of the ball should be all right.

[This message has been edited by MidnightBevo (edited 1/8/2010 3:34p).]
jbownds89
quote:
build on what Kines did that side of the ball should be all right.

There's nothing to continur to build on. Kines did nothing.

In fact, our defense is in worse shape than when he showed up.
MidnightBevo
You're a fool, bownds. You're lucky he stepped in when he did.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
There's nothing to continur to build on. Kines did nothing.

In fact, our defense is in worse shape than when he showed up.

Do you have season tickets? If so, can I have them?
Might as well fill them with someone who watches the games.
jbownds89
Our defense has been ranked in the 100's for total defense the last two years. We literally can barely get any worse than that.

We have given up 40 or more points 13 times in the last two years.

Call me a fool all you want, it's not going to make it true.

We are lucky Kines stepped in because Herring screwed us, yes. But as far as his job performance after that point, you really don't have a case.

[This message has been edited by jbownds89 (edited 1/8/2010 3:44p).]
jbownds89
Would you like me to bring up the total defense rankings for the few years before Kines got here and compare them to his years?

[This message has been edited by jbownds89 (edited 1/8/2010 3:43p).]
highwayman
When Texas had the ball down 3 in the 4th quarter with a true freshman QB under center, I turned to my dad and said, "win or lose, I'm happy".

In hindsight, "happy" may have been a bit of an over extension, but you get the point.
jbownds89
cool
highwayman
Aggie friends, thats how you don't give up a game
Gigem314
AG
quote:
And I'm really proud of Colt. Great player, and great career. He handled what had to be his toughest night as a player incredibly well. And his post game interviews made me proud as a Longhorn and a person of faith. It's easy to thank God and praise him for his blessings and talk about how you trust in his sovereignty when you're on top of the world. It's another thing when you feel like the world just took a big steamy one on your face and took away the one thing you've been working toward for years.

"I always give God the glory. I never question why things happen the way they do. God is in control of my life. And I know that if nothing else I'm standing on the Rock."

Whatever else he does or doesn't do in the NFL I'll show my son how he responded in that situation.

Well said Midnight. Colt is a good kid with a solid foundation and I wish him well in the future.
FroggieBreath
I am highly disturbed that Patch used the word "HINDSIGHT"
highwayman
good one
jbownds89
your life is a "good one"
3rd Platoon
AG
quote:
Aggie friends, thats how you don't give up a game

Our game against your t-shirt team is already aware of this.
goodAg80
AG
Bump
Hood
AG
Ah, the original "I turned to my dad..." thread that inspired thousands of mocking posts.

Poor, ****ing idiot patch.
goodAg80
AG
A classic for the ages.
HeyMoe
AG
highwayman said:

When Texas had the ball down 3 in the 4th quarter with a true freshman QB under center, I turned to my dad and said, "win or lose, I'm happy".

In hindsight, "happy" may have been a bit of an over extension, but you get the point.
Classic Patch quote. Launched hundreds of references over the years. Right up there with Ribby Pault'z dog croaking after the 07 loss to A&M.
APHIS AG
And then the bottom fell out of t.u. football. Mediocrity here we come!!!!!
vin1041
AG
Wow! I forgot how much of a love feast sips had for cart!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.