Big 12 Conference disappointed with Tceh

6,861 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Maroon Dawn
Dallasag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Beebe pleased with Big 12 football scheduling:

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said he is pleased with the league's nonconference football schedules this season after encouraging member schools to improve their competition.

Beebe said only one Big 12 football team (Texas Tech) this season won't play at least one nonconference game against a team from one of the nation's top six conferences.

"The fans don't want a patsy schedule," Beebe said.

Apparently he didn't talk to the fans at tortilla high.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061008dnsponacda.16f787be.html
EK Gill
It's that darn participation ribbon again ... keeps getting in the way.
TechTard
It would help if we could get someone to play a home-and-home series with us.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Nevermind the fact the freaking Big XII commissioner agrees with the sentiments of Aggies, the tards will still show up shortly telling us all about the disadvantages of having the play a real team opposed to coastal carolina (wait...yall tried to schedule them, turns out they dont have a football team)...i mean Eastern Idaho Deisel Mechanics Institute.

Stupid Agiggsyiiees.
Dallasag02
AG
quote:
It would help if we could get someone to play a home-and-home series with us.

I can't imagine why nobody would want to play in Lubbock. It's so close to so many two star recruits.
cc1081
If Tulsa would have stayed with Tech for 08 things would have looked a lot better with regard to SOS out of conference! Tulsa screwed Tech and changed to Arkansas at what is basically the last minute. Tech had to pretty much take what they could get which was another Divison II school. I believe that UMass took Tulsas spot? So basically the Big 12 commish can stick it!

[This message has been edited by cc1081 (edited 6/9/2008 6:27p).]
TTechDeck
Yes cause we all know getting housed by a sheety 5-7 Miami team makes you sleep better at night than putting a beatdown on a Moutain West team.
SAag11
which one of the top 6 conferences is Tulsa in?

dcaggie04
AG
cc, tceh has nobody to blame but themselves for letting Tulsa out so late. Letting Tulsa go just tells me that they really didn't want to play them and are just as happy playing someone easier.
ttechguy
I agree we need to go back to the old days. I have fond memories of all the conference titles and top ten finishes that coincided with beefed up non-conference schedules. And remember all the post-season bonus points, media accolades, and blue ribbons for the Tech trophy case we won after scheduling tOSU, Georgia, Miami, Tennessee, Penn State, NCSU, Arizona State, etc...?? I especially remember how much higher Tech football was perceived by aggies back in those days.
Dr.K
why are the Aggies starting football smack on the Techies? dont the Techies own them in every conceivable way?
Dallasag02
AG
I'm just the messenger. It appears the Big XII office is starting the football smack with tceh here.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
I have fond memories of all the conference titles and top ten finishes that coincided with beefed up non-conference schedules.

Well, going the cupcake route hasn't done anything either. May need to start scheduling some 5A panhandle teams this go around.
kylesawitall
Tech's 2008 foe Eastern Washington's football stadium seats 10,000 fans. Lubbock's Lowery Field seats at least that many for highschool football games!

It's not a good sign when your conference chair scolds you for your choice of scheduling while Tech is guaranteeing (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=188#s=188&f=1650) the world a B12, B12S and National Championship (by darn if Kansas and Misssouri almost can Tech almost can) !!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another day in Lubbock and another day at Tech!!
TENBOLLS
Why, it seems like only yesterday when the ags played the Citadel, Louisiana-Lafayette, Army, and Louisiana Tech. My, how time flies!

Dallasag02
AG
If I were to use Tceh's excuse, my response should be "we scheduled FSU that season, and they backed out on us."
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
and blue ribbons for the Tech trophy case

Wait...Yall have a trophy case?

quote:
dont the Techies own them in every conceivable way?

Well, except for the little ol all time series deficit. F'ing retard.
kylesawitall
tinballs, talk to your B12 chair/commish! You sir and this place you call Tech have a huge PR problem in this, your year !! You said it I didn't !!!!!!!!!
BQ_90
AG
How can the B12 be disappointed, based on championships I doubt anybody in the B12 office even knows tech is in the conference.

RaiderFanHSC
quote:
cc, tceh has nobody to blame but themselves for letting Tulsa out so late. Letting Tulsa go just tells me that they really didn't want to play them and are just as happy playing someone easier.

Makes sense. Tech is so scared of CUSA teams after last year's 3-0 romp.

TU broke a contracted game six months out because Arky came with the $$ and made the Golden Hurricane their Golden Whoricane. And LSU wouldn't play home and home, only their warped version of it (at LSU and at Houston). There are only so many teams that will play in Lubbock (a requirement for Leach), and even fewer when most everyone's schedule is booked. Hence E. Washington.

Another mind-numbing post. You'd better hope and pray US News never reads this board.

And for the record, I wish Tech would schedule better OOC teams--the Tulsa mess didn't change the fact that there was not a star in that OOC mix.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Why, it seems like only yesterday when the ags played the Citadel, Louisiana-Lafayette, Army, and Louisiana Tech. My, how time flies!

Yep, we had one year when we didn't have a BCS school in a non-conference game. And that is because we actually had a BCS team pull out. But htis was only one year, not a 5 year streak which tceh is in the midst.

And let's not forget that powerhouse non-conference schedule from 2005 for the tards:
Florida International, SHSU, and Indiana State.
Dr.K
our cupcake schedule this season goes all the way to week 8.
BQ_90
AG
So you better not choke on those cupcakes then.

Cowtown Raider

False issue.

RyanAg08
AG
quote:
Non-issue.

FIFY
conchocat
Typical Aggie distortion. Make the news fit what an Aggie wants to hear. Making up crap as usual.

Based on the link provided, Beebe never mentioned Tech. The writer does.
Wildmen03
AG
anyone that has ever played tceh at home knows why no one wants to play them. Who wants to deal with those nasty ass fans.
RaiderFanHSC
You're just an anti-batteryite

wait..that's colorado. You're an anti-whatever-we-throw

[This message has been edited by RaiderFanHSC (edited 6/10/2008 8:13a).]
BillJack
quote:
The fans don't want a patsy schedule," Beebe said.

Conference is tough enough. I'd rather come out of OCS with 0 losses to nobody's than impress Mr. Beebe.
Dr.K
once again, this was the WRITER's view, not Beebe's

nice spin, Ags.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Beebe said 'They fans dont want a patsy schedule'.

Are you f'ing retarded?
Dr.K
hey chach, Tech doesnt have a patsy schedule. they have to play UT, OU, Kansas, and OSU this season. sure the rest of the schedule is a joke, but i wouldnt use the word "patsy"

conchocat
"Beebe said 'The fans dont want a patsy schedule'."

And he never mentioned Tech. You just wish he did...
BillJack
Undefeated carries a lot of weight in the Big 12. While Tech is highly unlikely to do that, in the off chance they did, you have yourself in a pretty nice little BCS bowl...regardless of what high school teams you played out of conference. This isn't conference usa.
Dallasag02
AG
quote:
Beebe said only one Big 12 football team (Texas Tech) this season won't play at least one nonconference game against a team from one of the nation's top six conferences.

Beebe not specifically mentioning tech doesn't mean the whole conference didn't know who he was talking about. I think the writer just threw that in to make sure everybody knows about Tech's move to 5A in the recent realignment.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.