Real Estate
Sponsored by

Midlothian

1,080 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexAgs04
ArlingtonAg2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone live there? Would you recommend as a good place to live for a family with a 4 year old daughter? Schools? Parks?

We currently live in Arlington. I work from home, wife splits time between Arlington and Fort Worth. We want to get into a smaller town with smaller, and hopefully better schools than what Arlington is.

Thanks for any recommendations or thoughts.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
ArlingtonAg2015 said:

Anyone live there? Would you recommend as a good place to live for a family with a 4 year old daughter? Schools? Parks?

We currently live in Arlington. I work from home, wife splits time between Arlington and Fort Worth. We want to get into a smaller town with smaller, and hopefully better schools than what Arlington is.

Thanks for any recommendations or thoughts.

I don't live there but have friends that do and it's grown so fast in the last ten years, I'm afraid that you would be in the same situation as you are in Arlington by the time your kids are in junior high to high school. Midlothian High already has 2100+ and the second high school and 1100+ (both grades 9-12). That area is exploding.

If you want something that you believe would stay steady for 10-20 years, then my opinion is to find an area that's built out and send your kids to private school. I would find nice enclaves of decent areas like in Hurst, NRH, Euless, Pantego, pay less for your house and use the extra money for private schools. You still have easy access to Fort Worth and Arlington without the dynamic nature of choosing suburban life. Because over time suburban areas will change and become more congested and schools more crowded. Midlothian is nowhere near built out.

I lived in NRH for 9 years and just moved to Colleyville recently and even though both have good school districts, my kids go to private school. We just buy less house then we normally would. There are really nice areas with lots of parks in the whole mid cities, good churches (if that's your thing) and downtown Fort Worth is 20 minutes away while downtown Dallas is 35 minutes away and the train runs through there so you can take it to the airport. There's not much space for it to grow so what you see is what you're going to get for years to come.
TexAgs04
AG
I am a Real Estate Broker in TX, OK and KS but happen to live around that area and Midlothian is growing very fast. I live in a small town that isn't seeing the kind of growth like that, yet. As you know living in Arlington, the Metroplex is exploding with a ton of growth in the outlying areas because people are looking to move to more rural places for schools, lifestyle, etc. There are some great smaller towns in that general area that would still give your wife easy access to both cities for work. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Thaddius@WeSellTexas.RealEstate 817.240.1432
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.