Real Estate
Sponsored by

Short term rental restrictions - New Braunfels

5 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
what say you
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can somebody explain what kind of restrictions the city of NB is starting to impose on short term rental properties?

Wanted to purchase for an investment but a little spooked with what I'm hearing (no new permits being given out)
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Here you go: https://www.nbtexas.org/3448/Short-Term-Rentals
Beckdiesel03
AG
They are incredibly strict and they actively enforce the rules and look online to make sure nobody is posting their home on Airbnb etc. my neighbor tried to sneak by and got popped when she listed it online. She was also trying use the private neighborhood river park as a perk to the home and we killed that fast.
MAS444
AG
Landa Park? Have a buddy who has a house there and they do occasional longer term rentals.
Beckdiesel03
AG
No we are over closer to the Fairgrounds. She was trying to do weekend rentals and we would have a flood of 20 people nobody knew show up to the park on the weekend and say yea we rented the house for the weekend. Nobody cared about that, she got herself caught on that, but I know someone from the neighborhood told her it was against the rules to have unaccompanied guests at the park especially of that magnitude. So long story short, they do check frequently.
MookieBlaylock
AG
They didn't check the Karen police reported them
Beckdiesel03
AG
Well it was a dude that confronted the owner, but the city had already shut her down. I think she lasted 2 weekends of having it advertised online. Funny thing is, she is a local realtor and should have known better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.