Real Estate
Sponsored by

Aggieland short-term rental questions

882 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggiemike96
KatyAggie01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This year I'm going to turn my townhouse into a short-term rental so the family can use it more often. I think we'll rent it out for a few football weekends, graduation, etc. Does anyone have a view whether Airbnb or VRBO is used more in CS? Also, any cleaning crew contacts would be most appreciated. I've also posted this on the Aggieland forum.

TIA
MS08
AG
I would go with Airbnb. More widely used and more host friendly platform
KenJohse
AG
We use VRBO for our 2/2 and have been very happy. We also rent it on a short term basis such as 30 days without using VRBO.
KC_Ag14
AG
STR Permit & HOT Rate for City of CS

Just leaving this here in case you hadn't looked into it already. This is just for City of College Station. Will need to do the same if it is in Bryan.
KatyAggie01
That is wild. Our other short-term rental is on 30A in Florida, and we don't have to do anything like the permitting required in CS. Does everyone do this? How long does it take? Do you have to be there for the inspection?
Daytona22
AG
Looks like they've removed some of the restrictions around who is able to rent their homes now. It used to have to be a primary home and if it wasn't then you had to prove you had been renting out for a year and should be grandfathered in. Doesn't look like that anymore at least.
KC_Ag14
AG
Fortunately for me, I'm not sure. Just know this about our local market when I was looking into a STR here myself. Numbers could still work for you, but just have to keep these items in mind. Hope someone else here has a STR in CS and can provide some more clarity on the process for you.
Aggiemike96
AG
Try New Orleans. 100% moratorium on STR permits. Very restrictive anyway, and their policy was declared unconstitutional. Who knows what's going to happen?!?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.