Real Estate
Sponsored by

Hunting Lease

1,646 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by W E H
Dr T and the Women
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought 40 acres in San Marcos. I don't plan to do anything with it for probably a couple of years and want to get some income.

Is this an area and enough land to lease out for hunting?

Anybody with experience on how to go about this?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bmfvet
AG
It could be a good place for bird hunting. Is it open field, wooded, any water?
‘99
jay07ag
AG
What type of property? Have deer/Turkeys/Dove? Is it pretty well out into the country or in/near the city limits?
SteveBott
AG
As you can see to know if it's worth hunting a solid description of the property is needed. Its environment and current use, access, location etc.

For deer the most hunters on that place is one. Well two if they both only bow hunt. So a lease would run 1500-3000 per gun depending on the property, access and utilities.

Not a lot of upside to have folks on your land.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
SteveBott said:

As you can see to know if it's worth hunting a solid description of the property is needed. Its environment and current use, access, location etc.

For deer the most hunters on that place is one. Well two if they both only bow hunt. So a lease would run 1500-3000 per gun depending on the property, access and utilities.

Not a lot of upside to have folks on your land.

This. You let some dude you don't know on your land with a firearm, you are somewhat responsible for their choices and even more so when it comes to your relationship with your neighbors.
Dr T and the Women
AG
it is about 5 min from the high school stadium. 10 min east of I 35

has water. wooded but areas that are more open

it sounds like the juice is not worth the squeeze. thank you for your advice
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
How much juice you need? I might have a little.
mwp02ag
AG
Day hunts for pigs?
water turkey
What kind of water, a stock tank?
W E H
Is there any more for sale around you?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.