Real Estate
Sponsored by

Used to live on a nice street

4,187 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BoDog
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Warning: Old man yells at clouds

I've lived in my house in a nice typical middle class neighborhood for 30 years. There's been a rent house next door for most of that time, but I've never had any issue with the tenants there... until now. For the past two years I've had to deal with a multi-family crowd of Mexicans there, most of whom don't speak english. There are as many as 8 cars in this house that's probably around 1800 sq ft. My first encounter was the first night they moved in with music pounding from inside their house that I was hearing in my house.

They love to work on their cars. They'll rev the engines late at night. Sit out in their car with their loud engine running at 11pm. And they're constantly shuffling cars around because there are so many. They'll peel out down the road, leaving the neighborhood, and tearing down the street by our neighborhood. I can literally hear them for about 3-5 minutes as they're racing away.

I've confronted them about loud cars late at night, but they no comprende.

They also have a 4 year old kid that I've seen take a wiz in the front yard with an adult out there with him, watching him. Lovely.

They have a recliner that you'd expect to see in a living room in their front yard, and a washer and dryer on their driveway.

And then they got ****ing chickens and I had to listen to them crow at ****ing 7am. Yeah yeah, that's normal in the country, but this isn't the country. ALL of these things are abnormal for this neighborhood. I don't hear a peep from anyone else on this street.

Now they put a VERY bright light up in their tree that's on all night, shining into my house.

Every couple of months they add a new thing that no one else does here.

I have called the owner of the house. She says there's only supposed to be two of them living there and will talk to them. Nothing has happened of course.

I called the police about the chickens since there is a noise ordinance dealing with loud birds. I was surprised to see that apparently the loud rooster is gone now. The hen that's left makes low clucking noises and is sometimes on my property.

I don't know if there's much else I can do about them, but by all means if anyone has any ideas let me know. I just had to vent. If they're still there for a 3rd year I'm seriously going to consider moving.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Warning: Old man yells at clouds

I've lived in my house in a nice typical middle class neighborhood for 30 years. There's been a rent house next door for most of that time, but I've never had any issue with the tenants there... until now. For the past two years I've had to deal with a multi-family crowd of Mexicans there, most of whom don't speak english. There are as many as 8 cars in this house that's probably around 1800 sq ft. My first encounter was the first night they moved in with music pounding from inside their house that I was hearing in my house.

They love to work on their cars. They'll rev the engines late at night. Sit out in their car with their loud engine running at 11pm. And they're constantly shuffling cars around because there are so many. They'll peel out down the road, leaving the neighborhood, and tearing down the street by our neighborhood. I can literally hear them for about 3-5 minutes as they're racing away.

I've confronted them about loud cars late at night, but they no comprende.

They also have a 4 year old kid that I've seen take a wiz in the front yard with an adult out there with him, watching him. Lovely.

They have a recliner that you'd expect to see in a living room in their front yard, and a washer and dryer on their driveway.

And then they got ****ing chickens and I had to listen to them crow at ****ing 7am. Yeah yeah, that's normal in the country, but this isn't the country. ALL of these things are abnormal for this neighborhood. I don't hear a peep from anyone else on this street.

Now they put a VERY bright light up in their tree that's on all night, shining into my house.

Every couple of months they add a new thing that no one else does here.

I have called the owner of the house. She says there's only supposed to be two of them living there and will talk to them. Nothing has happened of course.

I called the police about the chickens since there is a noise ordinance dealing with loud birds. I was surprised to see that apparently the loud rooster is gone now. The hen that's left makes low clucking noises and is sometimes on my property.

I don't know if there's much else I can do about them, but by all means if anyone has any ideas let me know. I just had to vent. If they're still there for a 3rd year I'm seriously going to consider moving.

I'm assuming there isn't an HOA or deed restrictions.
Sounds like you live in Houston heights
Picard
AG
Buy this house

TexAgs91
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I live in the Clear Lake area. There is an HOA but they're worthless.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dubi
AG
Sue the HOA
Move
River Bass
The only way to deal with bad / trashy neighbors, while preserving your happiness and sanity, is to move away and not look back.

There are other options, but they could leave you a financial and emotional wreck.
AggieAces06
AG
Have you tried contacting the owner of the house? They may be interested in knowing that their property is probably being torn up inside and out.
Bassmaster
AG
TexAgs91 said:

As the father of a 4 year old boy who has no qualms about taking a leak in our front yard, this one made me chuckle. I think our neighbors would say that we're pretty dang good neighbors.
The Fife
OP already did. 3rd paragraph from the end.
TexAgs91
AG
AggieAces06 said:

Have you tried contacting the owner of the house? They may be interested in knowing that their property is probably being torn up inside and out.
Yes, and I contacted them again today. I sent pictures of the 6 cars parked at their house (sometimes it's 8 cars) showing that it's obviously a multi-family home.

She said she would discuss HOA and lease rules with them.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Rexter
Rent/borrow a white Tahoe and get some stickers to make it look like this:

MS08
AG
I agree - Buy the house. Or start looking to relocate. Surely yours is paid off by now.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I live in the Clear Lake area. There is an HOA but they're worthless.

Then join the HOA and Karen the **** out of that neighbor
EclipseAg
AG
TexAgs91 said:

There are as many as 8 cars in this house that's probably around 1800 sq ft.
We've got a couple of houses like that near us. One is a corner house that typically has 10 to 12 cars parked in the driveway, in front, on the side road, all around the cul-de-sac, etc.

It's a bigger house but dang ... what kind of living arrangement is going on there?
UnderoosAg
AG
Before you take the fight to DEFCON 2... need any tile or concrete work done?
http://i.imgur.com/H6jmyPq.png
dubi
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Before you take the fight to DEFCON 2... need any tile or concrete work done?
Or a fence?
TexAgs91
AG
Rexter said:

Rent/borrow a white Tahoe and get some stickers to make it look like this:

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
KDubAg
AG
Make an anonymous report to ICE that you suspect there's some human trafficking going on over there.
combat wombat™
AG
Become a nuisance to the owner. It might not make your living conditions better but at least she'll be as miserable as you are.

Call police for loud music and anything else that could be constructed as disturbing the peace. Every time. There may not be a noise ordinance but usually the cops will come out and have a talk. They may get tired of the intrusions.
txaggie_08
AG
What's funny about this, is that in my last house the home was usually rented. The renters were quiet and all was good. All of a sudden the actual owner decided to move in, and with them came their two overly aggressive German shepherds that were left in the backyard to bark and jump on the privacy fence, they started parking extra vehicles in the backyard, erected a large 20' red shed in the backyard, and at times parked their semi truck in the driveway or backyard. Then they also decided to start up their own food "truck", and the trailer stayed parked in front of the house when not in use.

I tried to get the HOA to remove the shed as it butted up next to my yard and was not allowed under the CCRs. At first, they kept telling me they couldn't see the shed from the street so couldn't do anything about it. Eventually they told me they approved the shed so there was nothing they could do.

For the dogs, I had the ugly side of the privacy fence, so I ended up adding pickets along my side of the fence so the dogs could no longer see through the gaps to bark and harass my dogs. It worked pretty well to get them to stop barking at us so much. Eventually the dogs disappeared. The dogs were the biggest nuisance of the place. They would jump against the fence and break pickets, but the guy would never replace them. Once I put up the second set of pickets on my side, I also reached over and screwed in new pickets on his side.

After a year or so I finally moved out and into a nicer subdivision to hopefully get away from those types.
W E H
Rent it or buy it
unmade bed
This you?

water turkey
****ty situation. I have been there.

You shouldn't have to move because of bad neighbors but sometimes you have to do what is best for your mental health and happiness.
SteveBott
AG
OP you need to post your rant on the OB forum. Those folks will have the problem solved in days.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I presume every letter you send is certified? I know it costs more and is a PITA... But i would get the green slips and put in the letter, the certified tracking number. That way your retained copy of the letter, do that too, matches the signed receipt you get back.
TexAgs91
AG
unmade bed said:

This you?

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
swimmerbabe11
its threads like this that remind me why I'm one of the few people on earth whose landlord keeps my rent at the same price every year
TriAg2010
AG
Without speaking to the OPs situation, few things ruin home as much as noise. Even in the suburbs, the non-stop yard crews, exhaust kits, delivery trucks, and sirens all get exhausting.
mncag
Do you have a car to compete with them ? rase them for the pink slip
Froppe
AG
1. Organize/host a Trump campaign rally on a regular basis.
2. Put some loud speakers in your back yard, and play outlaw country at an 11 setting constantly. If the HOA
complains, tell them you'll comply when they make the "exchange students" behave themselves. Otherwise, you'll sue the s**t outta the HOA and all its directors for discrimination.
3. Arrange for a San Jacinto Battle re-enactment at your house on April 21, and tell the boys you already have Santa Anna's army lined up.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Hope this helps. Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!
Deats99
AG
Am I the first to suggest tearing down your fence?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
BoDog
AG
OP has a different interpretation of what a middle class neighborhood is than I do....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.