Real Estate
Sponsored by

Surveyor in Huntsville, New Waverly, Willis area

723 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ChemTrac
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need side property lines staked on a 0.3 acre lot in Wildwood Shores for purposes of installing a fence. Should be a quick job as the property front is on a street and the back is on Lake Conroe and it's a straight line from street to lake on each side. I own the property.

Best I have been able to do so far is a 3 week wait and $1300 for what I believe to be about a 2 hr job.

Any recommendations on who to call?

Any help is much appreciated.
normaleagle05
AG
1) 3 weeks is faster than most any survey work happening currently.

2) 2 hours is how long it takes to take your call, create a job, do the research/plotting, and invoice you. Nevermind the driving and fieldwork.

3) How old is this development? How confident are you that the corners are in place? And that they're original? If not original, crew needs to find 3x-5x the number of corners to do it right.

4) $1300 seems on point or just a touch high, depending, not knowing the development. That almost certainly includes the opportunity costs of not getting to other more profitable work faster.

5) There's only ~1900 surveyors to call in the whole state (this is a generous number). Scarcity of time to do the work drives price. So does $4.19 gas.

Sounds like you've called around. I doubt it'll get much better than what you've found. And/or you wouldn't want them to do the work.
SquanchyAg
ChemTrac
Hey! We are actually looking to buy a lot in Wildwood Shores. We'd love to talk to someone about the lake close by there - do you know the area well?

We'd like to know if the lake has a channel dug to get out of the neighborhood to the deeper area of the lake without cruising at a super low speed. Also, how long does it take to get to a part of the lake where skiing and tubing is possible.

We took a boat ride out there this weekend but did not have enough time to properly explore.

Also if you know of any lots for sale beyond those listed on realtor…. Sincerely appreciate any help you can give. tracymfulton@gmail.com. TIA
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.