Real Estate
Sponsored by

Sewer Lift Station Odor/Noise?

1,280 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by golf05
golf05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a property in Brazos county and the City of Bryan recently proposed a Sewer Lift Station going on the neighboring property. It would only be a lift station, not a treatment plant. Do any of y'all have experience with lift stations? Odors? Noise?
They are also proposing a pressure sewer line easement across the front of my land. Any experience with these?
FamousAgg
We have one on site where I work. Very little odor as long as the lid is closed. When it's open for maintenance, you would have to be standing next to it to smell it.

Noise is also very low, will depend on the size of pumps and frequency of use. In my experience it's quieter than your outside AC unit
46CHEVYTRUCK
I operate LS and treatment plants for a living. Normal day to day activities will be very minimal. You will have an operator check the facility for about 30 mins a day. Now if the station has issues you will have crane trucks, vactors and personal working around the clock to get the station back in operation.

In regards to the easement that will be the force main leaving the lift station headed to the treatment plant or another lift station. Typically the force main will be 5 to 8 feet buried and require little to no service. If the line should fail your yard will be dug up for the repair. Do not plant or install anything on this easement that you care about. They will have authority to remove, most operators will restore the yard to original condition with in reason.

Happy to answer more questions should you have them.
golf05
Thank y'all for the replies!

oklaunion
If you are the same electrical grid, you are much less likely to lose power in case of selective brown outs.
golf05
46CHEVYTRUCK: I would like to visit with you about the lift station if you get a few minutes. I don't have a premium account, so I can't message. But, if you shoot me a text or email, I would appreciate it.
Email: aggielandman at gmail dot com
Text: 979-422-3163
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.