Real Estate
Sponsored by

What do you guys see Real Estate prices being like in 5-10 years?

2,543 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Harkrider 93
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will be higher than they are currently in 5 years, and 10 years.
TombstoneTex
AG
They don't make more land so if you think there are going to be more people in your city in 5-10 years then pretty safe bet that land (the only part of real estate that actually appreciates) will be more expensive!
evestor1
real estate will never go down as a long term trend until supply of houses or demand from people do something.

so i'd expect values to go up long term.
Martin Q. Blank
Where are we talking? You can get a house in Detroit for $1.
TxAG#2011
The birth rate has been stagnant and projected to decline in 1st world countries moving forward
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Where are we talking? You can get a house in Detroit for $1.

Then it will be higher in 5-10 years than $1
TombstoneTex
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

The birth rate has been stagnant and projected to decline in 1st world countries moving forward

That's fair - but excludes other factors like immigration and increased lifespans… and liberals moving to Texas.
Win At Life
AG
Housing prices rarely decrease much. The increases slow down and they go flat. But rarely go down more than a few percent; that is, enough to make money by waiting. 2009-2010 and 1984-1985 are the only two periods I can remember.
cjsag94
AG
Win At Life said:

Housing prices rarely decrease much. The increases slow down and they go flat. But rarely go down more than a few percent; that is, enough to make money by waiting. 2009-2010 and 1984-1985 are the only two periods I can remember.

One could certainly argue, however, that the recent market hasn't ever happened in Houston (to my knowledge), so we could level set by going back 10 or 15% before resuming is historical party of 1-2% annually.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Goldman seems to think 2022 will be another great year for prices: https://fortune.com/2021/10/18/home-prices-2022-us-real-estate-outlook-buying-a-house/
Harkrider 93
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

I am pretty sure I saw some stats that shows more people turning 30 than ever before (more than the Baby Boomers). This trend is supposed to last for 3-4 more years. 30 is the largest home buying age.

Take increased demand plus the fact we haven't been building enough homes since 2008 (limited supply) and you can see prices increasing for at least 5 yrs.

I also read somewhere that they would have to build 50% more than average each yr for the next 5 yrs to break even for the lack of building.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.