Real Estate
Sponsored by

Are Apartment Rent Prices Negotiable?

1,318 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by one MEEN Ag
nattychamps22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious.. in today's market is the listed apartment rent price negotiable or is demand so high you pay the "list price?"
aggiepaintrain
AG
best course of action is to ask for any sign on specials like $0 deposit, 1 month free etc

monthly rates are usually non negotiable
FJB
davido
AG
Depends on the property and the time of year.
jopatura
AG
Before all this went down, I could negotiate by a) extending the lease for a few months depending on time of year (14/15 month leases were the sweet spot) and b) adding a guarantor even if I could qualify without one (gives them someone extra to go after). Usually I could save a hundred or two a month with that.

Who knows if that would work now, but those are the "incentives" that worked for me.
The Lost
Its worth asking, but tons of the fancy ones have gone to dynamic pricing that is a pain for renters imo and wont budge, may just raise.
AG
The Lost said:

Its worth asking, but tons of the fancy ones have gone to dynamic pricing that is a pain for renters imo and wont budge, may just raise.
This. Rents are controlled by a computer pricing program and they won't budge. However, rates can change daily so check back with them.
mazag08
AG
We are very flexible. If you offer to pay more, we will consider and most likely accept.
TXCityGirl
In the past, I would get pricing from a couple of properties and show them what their competitors were offering. Most of the time, they would match or try to get close. I don't know now if you can negotiate anything!
TxAG#2011
Just signed an apartment lease a couple days ago.

"Price is the price."

This one was 100% occupied so they won't move, obviously.
one MEEN Ag
AG
You could have gotten a great deal during the beginning of covid as everyone wanted to get the hell out of an apartment.

Now not so much. The pricing is modeled to keep occupancy high.

The only way to get a deal is to do a 'free month' That will get eaten by the marketing team and they can still show on their books a high monthly rent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.