Real Estate
Sponsored by

Residential Tax Protesting Service: Oconnor, Bettencourt, or someone else?

969 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fka ftc
Texasclipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Brazoria County and have used Oconnor for years. They usually shave $300 off my tax bill and I pay them 50%. I really don't think they do much, so are there better options? Anyone have experience with Betencourt or someone else?
dallasiteinsa02
I won't name the company, but I used one in 2019. They sent one in even though I cancelled with them for 2020. They got it down a few thousand in valuation. I protested it myself and got it down nearly $25,000 in value. In the process, I got the paperwork they sent in. It looked to me like they are just blanketing the appraisal district with a bunch of $500 decreases in taxes and taking their half. There really isn't any work being done to really get them to a fair market value. I can't blame them but it doesn't match the concept they are selling.
fka ftc
Get with a local realtor and have them run some comps of sales during the previous calendar year.

Our realtor provided, made clear why these comps mattered (age of house, proximity, size of lot, etc). I got this, uploaded to Denton CAD and wrote a brief explanation.

They had increased me at the full 10% and their settlement was to go back to the previous value (no increase) I had lowered that when we got a great deal on the house at the end of 2019.

Sent the realtor a nice thank you gift.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.