Real Estate
Sponsored by

BRRRR

13,535 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
La Bamba said:

Red Pear,

Are you a Ken McElroy fan? I've heard him talk about very similar topics on YT.

I've listened to some of his stuff but I'd say I'm a more regular consumer of Bigger Pockets podcasts, Graham Stephan, Meet Kevin, and more recently, Economics Explained.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Diggity
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

This listing is LIVE.

If you book direct with us on any of our AirBNB listings, we will give you a 5% discount off the nightly rate, plus our normal cleaning fee. This will be a 25-30% discount versus booking on platforms.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50222294

Edit: Just booked for tonight through Sunday! Very excited to confirm our nightly rate and investment thesis!

place looks great.

I noticed you didn't end up adding a bathroom. Was that simply a cost/benefit decision in the end?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Thank you! That process has unfortunately taken longer than we'd have liked. Covid has made permitting very fun. As soon as we can clear that hurdle (and get a free couple of weekdaysright now we are booked pretty solid through early September), we will move forward with the bathroom addition. Good times.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Diggity
AG
I don't doubt that. Hearing the city is completely backed up on permitting.
Sea Speed
AG
My neighbors are in permitting hell with their pool. I think it took 10 months to build and im pretty sure it was because there was permitting issues or some other issue with the city/County during the build. Id be LIVID.
Agswinning
Red Pear Realty said:

one MEEN Ag said:

EclipseAg said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Because we decided to AirBNB it, we will need to pay to furnish the home (I'll do another post about this, but we are going to spend right at $6,000 to fully fit out the home)

That seems incredibly low. I just finished getting new living room furniture, and we spent $10,000. And we were bring frugal.

Facebook marketplace is frugal. 10k ain't frugal. You might be deal hunting, but you still went to restoration hardware, not exclusive furniture (where low prices live).

We were shocked at some of the deals we got with FB marketplace and what people were willing to give away completely. Also, Janet may be willing to do some personal shopping for hire. She's REALLY good at it.

Very true. I furnished a 3/2 beach condo for less than 5k, Although it took some time and hustle.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
forumjunkie
Question for the realtors --

Have you seen the demand for homes closer to downtown (or in the Heights) decrease due to the pandemic? I feel like more folks are moving further out these days since many no longer have to report to an office. I know an area like the Heights will always be "hot" just curious if the market has shifted a bit from your perspective.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
There's definitely a group of people who got remote work access and traded in their ITL house for something awesome in the country.

There's another group that realized how much time they were spending/losing in the car every day after lockdowns, and decided to move from the suburbs to the city.

And then another group who got partial work from home privileges and decided that the drive trade off was worth moving from the city to the suburbs.

And lastly, there was a big group who moved from out of state, laughed about how cheap our real estate is, and helped bid up prices everywhere.

On the Heights, specifically, it became even more "core" through the last 18 months. It's one of the handful of places people tell family, coworkers, etc about when they don't know anything about Houston, and it's got great central access to a lot of employment centers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.