Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home addition / improvement loan

1,007 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MAS444
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story short, got some building plans back and in the process of getting bids. Looking into financing now and would like to keep my existing loan and the I guess having a second mortgage or home improvement loan up to 80% Ltv of my improved value through a 15 year second note.
Where do I start? I've heard frost has a good program. Anyone here do something similar?
It would be a small addition to the house, new attached garage and pool house/outdoor kitchen conversion to the existing detached garage.
jja79
AG
If you don't mind sharing what's the amount of the construction project?
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Good luck with the bids. I'm doing a total home renovation and we decided to add an attached carport with matching roof to the project. Had to chalk up an extra $55k. Cried myself to sleep when I got that number.
dubi
AG
msechelski said:

Good luck with the bids. I'm doing a total home renovation and we decided to add an attached carport with matching roof to the project. Had to chalk up an extra $55k. Cried myself to sleep when I got that number.
Oh my.

Covid pricing?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Should be 100-150ish
I'm assuming middle of that but with procuring all 150 to use if I need

I've heard frost bank is good but I know there are some good contacts here that may want to bid it

The goal would be to debt most of it with inflation and "cheap" financing
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Yes. It's a 32x32 slab with metal roof. Wood was the most expensive of everything.
jja79
AG
I'd like to have the chance to discuss this with you if you'd like. Email is on my profile.
MAS444
AG
Definitely talk to Jed. I've also got a contact at Frost I'll dig up for you that another texagger recommended.
MAS444
AG
Juan Velasco
Vice President | Corporate Banking
Frost Banking, Investments, Insurance
23701 Cinco Ranch Blvd. Suite 100 Katy, TX 77494
Cell: (832) 417- 2763 | Office: (713) 388-1388 | Fax: (713) 388-7608
Juan.Velasco@frostbank.com https://link.edgepilot.com/s/675eebf9/N62NgLXhLkO4eup-hOZkqQ?u=http://www.frostbank.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.