Real Estate
Sponsored by

Mistake on sellers disclosure

1,893 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Claude!
STL_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made a mistake and checked that we had a water softener on our sellers disclosure. We signed the contract at the end of March, went through inspection. We gave a more than generous price cut after very clean inspection. Now, 2 weeks before closing, the agent (not a fan btw) has brought this mistake up.
Do I have any options here or am I stuck with installing one?
aggiepaintrain
AG
ask your realtor

my gut says an honest mistake is just that and should not cost you anything

call his bluff , especially if you are in a hot market
STL_aTm
AG
That's what I'd like to think as well.
Diggity
AG
I would fill out the "update to sellers disclosure form" (TXR 1418) with the new information and let the buyers decide if they want to torpedo a deal over a water softener.

dubi
AG
Honestly it would be worse for the buyer if you bought a cheap POS water softener (or a used one) and installed it then letting you correct an honest mistake.
dallasiteinsa02
dubi said:

Honestly it would be worse for the buyer if you bought a cheap POS water softener (or a used one) and installed it then letting you correct an honest mistake.
This would be correct. You could toss something like below on that would do nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-ED2000-Electronic-Descaler-Conditioner/dp/B0744TC3PW/ref=sr_1_24?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Water+Filtration+%26+Softeners&qid=1620748972&s=kitchen-bath&sr=1-24&ts_id=13397631
Diggity
AG
definitely choose the "Subscribe and Save" option, in case this issue comes up every six months or so.
STL_aTm
AG
Diggity said:

I would fill out the "update to sellers disclosure form" (TXR 1418) with the new information and let the buyers decide if they want to torpedo a deal over a water softener.

thanks to everyone for the responses. We sent the amendment and they have agreed to it. fingers crossed we make it to the finish line.
Claude!
STL_aTm said:

Diggity said:

thanks to everyone for the responses. We sent the amendment and they have agreed to it. fingers crossed we make it to the finish line.
With how competitive the buying market is, I'd expect the buyer to do everything in their power to drag you across the line.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.