Real Estate
Sponsored by

West Houston Rental

1,459 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jjdavis85
MommaMcCollum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a rental house in or near West Houston for this fall. If anyone has an available home, please direct message me. Thanks in advance!
Diggity
AG
West Houston?

Why not look at Bellaire/Meyerland area? Less than 10 minutes from NRG.
MommaMcCollum
Meyerland area is notorious for flooding. Bellaire or Heights areas are certainly an option as well.
Diggity
AG
Plenty of areas around there don't flood. Just thought that might make more sense.

Good luck!
GigEmAgs08
AG
What type of home are you looking for? We are about to list a 3/3.5 single family home in rice military. Available June 1
MommaMcCollum
Looking for a home near NRG, in an area that is not prone to flooding. They would need to rent the home from August - February. They would prefer a furnished home but are also open to furnishing the home themselves. It's just the two of them and their English cream golden retriever who is a registered service dog. Can you provide more information on your upcoming rental?
12thMan9
AG
Well, you went from West Houston to near NRG so sounds like they don't know or care.

Good luck on a S/T rental, very hard to find. I'm in West Hou & looking for the next place, not a lot of pickings.

Again, good luck on the S/T. That isa needle in a haystack in my research.
Ronnie '88
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I have a 3/2 bungalow in Rice Military that I AirBNB. It's fully furnished and as of right now, I could work with them on that short term timeframe. Pets are fine. PM or text me and I'll shoot you a link with pics.

713-303-9025
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
one MEEN Ag
AG
I think you're being a little harsh, I think OP is Ryan McCollum's mom. And being by NRG is because he just signed with the Texans as an UDFA and so there's some required flexibility to manage future uncertainty. I don't think she means west houston as westchase/katy, but west university place and the area around braeswood inside 610.

McCollumMom, I assume ya'll are familiar with Houston on a basic level because Ryan went to Klein Oak. Your son might be better served getting an apartment because they are usually easier on short terms like 6 months, and garage parking can be a good way to make sure their car doesn't flood. If y'all find a home to consider, here are two tools too looking into its flood-worthiness.

https://www.harriscountyfemt.org/

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/harvey/index.html#16/29.6797/-95.3805

FYI, not all flood plain designations are equally good. I would avoid anything in/on edge of a 100 year flood plain.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you're not Ryan McCollum's mom, but you're Parker McCollum's mom tell him he needs to put some shows together in Houston or College Station.

one MEEN Ag
AG
Just replying directly to you so you'll see a notification about my above post.
Diggity
AG
I get that flooding is always a concern in Houston, but that's not at the top of my list for a short term rental.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Can't be Parker McCollum's mom. She would just drive in from Conroe for the day
12thMan9
AG
Well Ryan's could do the same from Klein, right?

My intent wasn't to be harsh, but West Houston where I live is not near NRG. And as someone looking for our next spot, it's hard to find ST rentals.

I would agree on finding something near NRG, find some teammates as well. My bet is the Texans can provide info as well.
Ronnie '88
MommaMcCollum
Thank you all for the feedback. I am Ryan's mom, not Parker's. I am familiar with Houston. Prior to Harvey my office was in Braeswood but we have relocated downtown. Ryan is not as familiar with Houston but is learning quickly. Thanks again for the support and assistance as we navigate this next chapter.
jjdavis85
AG
I have two condos in the galleria area that are currently for sale; however, my client has flirted with the idea of potentially leasing either of them. Feel free to email me at jonathan.b.davis@exprealty.com and I can send your the links.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.