Real Estate
Sponsored by

B/CS real estate market

1,211 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
SnowboardAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious those more familiar with B/CS real estate, where do you see the most growth / appreciation 5 years from now and why:
1. Land / acreage
2. Student housing
3. Larger home / Airbnb / vrbo option (think weekend retreat for larger parties)
4. RV / mobile home type park
5. Anything else

Just curious where the market might be trying to heat up or what you're seeing / anticipating. TIA!
AgProgrammer
AG
Non subdivision land around B/CS is still extremely hard to come by and when you do, moves fast and is extremely expensive. I'm talking about 1-10 acre plots.

I wouldn't go near student housing right now. The market is saturated with the huge apartment complexes with the resort style amenities. Also, the city continues to eye and push for the number of unrelated occupants to be reduced down to 2 in neighborhoods.
KC_Ag14
AG
My gut is telling me to keep a close eye on the areas near the RELLIS Campus and Biocorridor. The US Government has made some big investments in both recently with some armed forces R&D coming to RELLIS and the vaccines coming out of Fujifilm in the Biocorridor. I know an apartment complex was supposed to be constructed off W Villa Maria near Traditions... not sure if that's still in the works. Thinking the land off Hwy. 47 has some potential to be developed soon with neighborhoods with those two sectors growing.
AgProgrammer
AG
That land spiked long, long time ago (think before they expanded all of that and before they started on the Medical School buildings). I doubt you'd be able to buy anything out that way without paying what the big companies will end up paying.
aggiepaintrain
AG
FJB
SnowboardAg
AG
Very helpful - thank you. Looks like pricing is higher between campus and RELLIS down hwy 47. Is growth expected further west of RELLIS or more likely south / southwest of RELLIS? For example, is growth seen west or bravos river or is it more likely growth would move north before west of the river? I know it's all opinions but curious on the perspectives.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Since were separating growth from buying opportunities, I think 1 is going to increase steadily over the next 10 years.

The market has shifted though. College Station is a destination for retirees that are downsizing with a lot of cash. People are wanting the acreage property to just sit on and enjoy, while still being close to town. So ten+ acres to get the exemption are hard to come by, and overpaying based upon the ability to produce from the land doesn't matter- as long as it locks taxes in.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Pebble Creek has some crazy valuations right now. Wondering if that'll stabilize some or are those homes gonna go 200/sqft to 250 soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.