Cody sends a monthly article to all his clients, and wanted to share on TexAgs as well. It's a little bit about Real Estate, and a lot about random stuff. Here's the February edition!

ON CODY'S MIND
Happy February, everyone! I hope you are somewhere warm. Thii cold weather is killing me! I looked at the forecast and the projected low for Monday night in Prosper is -1 degrees. NEGATIVE ONE! In Anchorage, Alaska the same night the low is supposed to be 13. I'm not sure I'll survive this. I'm a Texas boy. I didn't sign up for temps BELOW ZERO. In this issue of The Robinson Report I'll cover all the usual subjects, have a random thought, and unveil the latest of "Cody's Rankings"

Real Estate Update
The market continues to get tougher for Buyers. Many new home builders have waiting lists of dozens and dozens of Buyers. These Buyers have left "hold checks" and are waiting for the opportunity (limited contracts written per month in many communities) to purchase homes for full list price. I've seen crazy markets in my 15 years, but the current one is the craziest by far. In the pre-owned arena, Buyers need to be ready to pounce immediately when homes hit the market at that point they may also have to compete with other offers. If you are thinking of Selling, call me. You may be surprised by the price you could get.

Aggie Sports
Jimbo wrapped up another stellar recruiting class. I renewed our football season tickets for next season. Life is good.now I just have to figure out how to wait another 200 days for the first game! Basketball is a struggle. The team has no offensive identity, so it's pretty hard to watch. Recruiting in basketball is going pretty well, though. Hoping to be competitive soon. Baseball is also right around the corner.

Movies
I'm slowly introducing my kids to movies I've enjoyed over the years. Last week, we all watched Meet the Parents. They thought it was great. That movie has so many funny parts. I think I underrate it in general. If you haven't seen it lately, give it another watch. The water volleyball scene is probably my favorite, but there are other great parts as well.

Television

If you aren't watching Your Honor, you really need to correct that mistake. It's a Showtime limited series. One-and-done. One season, 10 episodes. Ends this month. If you don't have Showtime, I'm telling you it's worth paying for a month or two just to watch this show. Teresa and I also have started watching The Americans on Amazon Prime. It's a drama that was on FX for six seasons from 2013-2018. We've just started Season 3. It's a solid show about espionage during the Cold War in the 1980s. Absolutely worth watching. Not elite, but if you need a show to binge watch I'd say it's a good choice.

Cody's Random Nugget/Thought
Here are a few tips to deal with the crazy low temperatures over the next few days:

- Keep your thermostat at at least 65 degrees. Temps inside the walls are much lower, and if the room is below 65 you risk pipes in the walls freezing

- Locate your main water shut off for your house. Hopefully you won't have to use it, but know where it is in case of emergency

- Open HOT AND COLD faucets and let them drip slightly. Moving water will help prevent pipes from freezing. You'd much rather have a higher water bill than a busted pipe

- Outside, make sure hoses are unhooked and cover your faucets. Bring hoses into garage

- Outside, if we have rain or sleet, watch for ice dams at the bottom of gutters. Ice dams can cause water to build up and seep into your home

Cody's Rankings
Last month, I ranked Cody's Top Ten Cheeses. My sister told me I got it all wrong. She sent me a list of very fancy cheeses that I left off. I'm clearly not refined enough for her! For this month, let's stick with the weather theme. I present to you, Cody's Top Ten Songs Related to Weather. Here we go!

#10 - Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions - The only heavy metal entry in the listgood song!
# 9 - Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and The Waves - Good 80s song, makes me happy.
#8 - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - BJ Thomas - This one will get stuck in your head if you listen to itit's a classic.
#7 - Hurricane - Bob Dylan - I'm not a big Bob Dylan guy, so I'm sure some of you will say this one should be higher. I think it's a great song, but I just have never gotten Bob Dylan.
#6 - Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Various - Lots of people have sung this one, but my favorite version is by Jason Castro from American Idol. He's from Rowlett, and an Aggie.
#5 - You Are My Sunshine - Various - Again, tons of people have recorded this. I'll go with the Johnny Cash version. It's raw, and it's great.
#4 - Sandstorm - Darude - An amazing instrumental. One of the best stadium songs ever. South Carolina football does this right. You should google it.
#3 - Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles - This song is "all right". Beatles classic.
#2 - Have You Ever Seen the Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Amazing song. John Fogerty did some good stuff, but this is his best.
#1 - Purple Rain - Prince - In what turned out to be a list filled with some great stuff, I've got to go with the legend of Prince for the top spot. I've always loved this song.

That's it for this month. Stay warm, and stay safe. Thank you for all you do for me. Keep those referrals coming! I can only reach my goals with your help! I'm here for you as well if you need anything! Until next month...

Cody Robinson
Owner/Broker/Agent
Robinson Team Real Estate, LLC
Cell 972.365.0432
www.MyRobinsonTeam.com