Real Estate
Sponsored by

Lake Limestone

2,329 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hayes84
Hayes84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have knowledge of Lake Limestone? Looking at a Lakehouse there on the south side but was hoping for some feedback on the lake/area.
lockett93
AG
Good quiet lake. Not much in the way of Marina or on water fuel. No restaurants. Lots of people fishing and few people skiing. It's big enough to avoid others. Some stumps you'll need to learn where they are.
Jbob04
AG
Fairly small lake with water level fluctuations. Two power plants pull water out of it so during the summer it can get pretty low. Lots of timber so you will need to learn the routes if you plan on having a boat.
retiredintx
AG
We've owned a house on the southeast side of the lake for 9 years. Water levels have been great the last 3 years ... the BRA finally figured it out.

Quiet, safe for water sports on holiday weekends, great fishing, no condos - good, no lake side restaurants - good, no huge developments - great!

We live in Bryan, so 50-60 minutes door to door.

Buy something while u can. When we bought, 350 listings, last I checked on lakehouse.com - ~ 65.

Glad to answer any questions.
Hayes84
If you hear of anything coming on market let me know. We were just a bit late on a sale 799A because we discovered this lake too late. We left a contract make with a resident in case they hear of something. We drove and really love the stretch around LCR 799, LCR759, and LCR 763. I hear dock house right are pretty strict now so grandfathered dock houses are really important. Thanks!
retiredintx
AG
If u already have a boat ... here's a crazy, yet productive suggestion. Knowing there's a lot of Ag's on the lake (and most fly A&M flags on their dock or back side of homes); cruise that side of the lake on a Saturday. Pull up and start a conversation ... exchange contact info.

It works.
Hayes84
I guess I have to put a boat on my agenda! No dock or place to store, so I have been holding out. But thanks for the suggestion
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.