Real Estate
Sponsored by

Best Mortgage Lenders?

3,191 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mgreen
ClassicAg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking to buy my very first home and I was just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations of lenders to look at for a mortgage. I looked at Rocket Mortgage already but wanted to shop around a bit to make sure I get the best deal.

Looking for a conventional fixed rate loan. Thanks!
agsalaska
AG
Anyone local. DO NOT USE A COMPANY LIKE ROCKET MORTGAGE!!!

I would as your real estate agent.

Best advice you will ever get.

SteveBott
AG
Me.
SteveBott
AG
Seriously my contact info is in my profile. I've helped hundreds of Ags. Jay Hurst is the sponsor of the forum and he is a tough competitor. Several other Ags here as well. They can check in.
Bill Robbins
AG
Jay did a great job for us years ago when we bought a second home.

More recently, two of my clients used Rocket Mortgage. Communication with RM was excellent and in both cases they were ready to close ahead of schedule.
Aggiehunter34
S
ClassicAg18 said:

I'm looking to buy my very first home and I was just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations of lenders to look at for a mortgage. I looked at Rocket Mortgage already but wanted to shop around a bit to make sure I get the best deal.

Looking for a conventional fixed rate loan. Thanks!
I would be happy to show you rates and help guide you through the loan process. Shoot me an email at
bbailey at gomycity.com

You can email me more information and I can get you rates and closing costs and help answer any questions you may have.

My contact is in my profile as well. Let me know how I can help.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
As others have said, stay away from people like Rocket Mortgage. Check out our guide to mortgages here for some really good reasons why:

https://texags.com/forums/59/topics/3175166/
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
malenurse
AG
NONE OF THE BIG BANKS. ESPECIALLY BANK OF AMERICA.

Says every realtor, ever!
Mortgage Man
AG
Contact me please. I have helped countless fellow Ags...been in biz 35 plus years and I specialize in first time home buyers. I will be happy to help you, contact info below:
Gig Em! '84

Brian@TxBestHomeLoans.com
AggieGunslinger
AG
SteveBott said:

Me.

Him, I used Steve and he was great. I am a contactor with extra hurdles to deal with and Steve did a great job getting everything handled.
mazag08
AG
Bunch of really good ones on this thread.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm at a 3.25%. Can I get lower? Would be open to refinancing ASAP.
SteveBott
AG
On what term? 30 or 15?
suburban cowboy
AG
It's a 30. I'm currently paying like it's a 20 and open to a 15. Bought last year and avoided PMI. I should have great credit.
SteveBott
AG
I doubt it pencils but need more details that should not be posted here. My gut say no or go to a 15 which makes more sense.
suburban cowboy
AG
Will get in touch
mgreen
As a realtor I would say use a local mortgage lender. Stay away from Wells Fargo and Rocket Mortgage. I have lost several deals with them. I love working with first time home buyers if you need a good realtor. Mush more rewarding. PM me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.