Real Estate
Sponsored by

Mortgage reselling

2,170 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by coolerguy12
Coach Dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Given our current push to defend property rights, why can't Texans choose who they do business with when it comes to their mortgages? Why don't Texans get the right to choose who they pay their mortgage to? If most Texans have mortgages on their properties, shouldn't we get to approve who purchases our mortgages? If we object to how the company servicing our mortgage treats us, our only current remedy is spending more money to refinance. In what other industries are we forced to do business with a company without any of our input?

Wells Fargo has purchased every mortgage I've ever had and proceeded to screw me with fees (in violation of my mortgage contract but would cost me legal fees to attempt to fight). I found out that WF doesn't read the mortgage contracts they buy and don't really care about following the terms because they know they have more attorneys and can more easily afford to fight mortgagee lawsuits than the mortgagee can. My current situation trying to sell off some of our acreage has seen WF cost me roughly $60k in lost real estate sales and expenses due to their delays & refusal to do their contractually required job.

Why don't we have the freedom to choose who we do business with instead of being forced into doing business without choice?
TMoney2007
AG
The problem is that we don't own our mortgages... The banks do.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Becuase if the guy originating your loan wasn't able to sell it to someone else, they wouldn't have anymore capital to originate new loans.

No newly originated loans would tank housing costs and the market.

Selling off your loan to someone else, to service said loan, is good for the economy.
Sooner Born
You do have the freedom to choose who you do business with. You can pursue portfolio loans instead of a traditional mortgage...but your rates won't be as good.
jpd301
AG
Beggars can't be choosers.
ATM9000
AG
I don't have to even read your contract and would confidently wager these fees you constantly screwed over by are in fact not in violation of your contract.
unmade bed
Back in my title closing days, we had borrowers come in who were refinancing their mortgage. All they talked about during the closing was how much they hated their current lender (BoA) and the whole reason they were refinancing was to get rid of BoA. They were taking the hit on paying the closing costs and not even reducing their interest rate, term or payments, they were doing it all just to be done with BoA. We went through the entire 300 page stack of papers and when we got to the very last one it said something like "Congratulations! Your loan has been sold to Bank of America."

In my years of doing closings I have never seen a guy get so pissed off. I was a little concerned he was gonna take it out on me, but fortunately he understood I was just the title guy. He was not so forgiving to his mortgage broker when he finally got him on the phone.

They ended up ripping up their papers and walking. Will never forget that.
veritas47
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Becuase if the guy originating your loan wasn't able to sell it to someone else, they wouldn't have anymore capital to originate new loans.

Selling off your loan to someone else, to service said loan, is good for the economy.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me...
MookieBlaylock
AG
veritas47 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yeah exactly like a Ponzi scheme
NWE
AG
If you don't like it, pay off your home.

- internet tough guy
TxAG#2011
Know what you mean OP. Previous mortgage owner had no fees to do anything on there. New guys want $10 just to look at an amortization table. $200 to change the recurring payment. GTFO

That's an industry that is ripe for some culling
Ol_Ag_02
AG
There's really a simple solution to the OP's problem of not wanting his home loan sold. Don't have a home loan.

Feel free to spend half a life time saving up $400,000 in cash to purchase a home outright. Now I would imagine if you managed to save up $400,000 you wouldnt want to just give it up, that's not financially smart. So instead you would rather take out a loan, keep the bulk of that $400,000 and invest it, all while still getting your home.

The loan originator is doing this exact same thing. Freeing up capital so they can "invest" in new home originations and make more money.
veritas47
So just like our healthcare, "if you like your mortgage company, you can keep your mortgage company"?
gig em 02
Why don't you just redline the assignment clause of the agreement and see if they accept your changes? You can also try to get a portfolio loan from a community bank.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
veritas47 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Wait till you figure out what your bank does with the money you deposit.
Sooner Born
Ol_Ag_02 said:

veritas47 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Wait till you figure out what your bank does with the money you deposit.
It just sits in the vault until I come and withdraw it, right?
scrap
AG
Some people just don't recognize what they are complaining against. Do you not like capitalism? This is a business, free to do as he/she sees fit.

I own many rental units. I certainly don't want to have to get my tenants approval before I can sell or rent my units. I have duplexes and I OWN them so I can do what I want to in terms of renting or selling them. If you have a problem with the new lender not abiding with your loan provisions that is a different issue and no different than if your original lender decide not to abide by the loan provisions. Cheers.
coolerguy12
AG
Reminds me of banking with BBVA. I refinanced my first house just to get away from them. A year or so later I bought my truck and the loan got sold to BBVA. Ended up paying it off in a few months because I had no interest in doing business with them again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.