Real Estate
Sponsored by

JP's enforcement of the CDC eviction ban

2,866 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
pootiessock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is a complete joke.

You can read the CDC order here.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/eviction-moratoria-order-faqs.pdf

We've had two tenants lie on their form, one didn't even lose their job and just told the JP they would be homeless if evicted, and the JP ruled in her favor.

Texas Supreme Court ruled allowing landlords the ability to contest the ruling, but it won't do any good until you get to the county level. The JP's are spineless when it comes to this order.

We are now evicting for lease violations vs non payment.

Kenneth_2003
Gilligan
AG
Pure Garbage!

A lease is an agreement between two parties. Regardless of the situation if the contract is broken the Gov't shouldn't intervene.

So what happens in Jan when said tenants are four months behind on rent? They still get evicted and the landlords shoulder the load.

Such BS.
Aggiemike96
AG
Well stated. The lease is between the Landlord and Tenant, and adheres to the laws of a particular state. Since when can a government come in and override that contract? Absolutely BS.

I've been fortunate, both my SFH rental and AirBNB have experienced zero financial issues.
Post removed:
by user
jagvocate
AG
Any tired landlords can message me. We are buying rentals right now hand over fist.
Martin Q. Blank
All of mine are month-to-month. If they stop paying, can I just give them notice that the lease is not being renewed?
Diggity
AG
sure...you just can't make them leave if they choose not to.
Loyalty
AG
Government control...this is just one very small example of what the government can do to your freedoms. I'm concerned that of many things, 2020 is turning out to be a huge red flag wake up call for all freedom loving Americans.

Tyranny.
Aggie369
AG
Apparently not enough of a wake up call....

Too much free **** to be had
expresswrittenconsent
Round Rock AG said:

Government control...this is just one very small example of what the government can do to your freedoms. I'm concerned that of many things, 2020 is turning out to be a huge red flag wake up call for all freedom loving Americans.

Tyranny.

I would think you are in favor of tyranny living in round rock. You weren't upset about the corrupt sheriff covering up murders or the multiple (3 or 4 different) corrupt DAs over the last 20 yrs who sent innocent people to prison for murder and intentionally hid exculpatory evidence in RR/wilco. Its arguably the most corrupt place this side of Louisiana and you love it so much you advertise it as your username for over 2 decades on this site.
Martin Q. Blank
Small landlord relief in Houston and Harris County:
https://lisc.tfaforms.net/256
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.