Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Builders Dallas

2,126 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Possibly looking for a starter home builder within an hour from Plano.

Preferably around McKinney but any suggestion is welcome!
Shooter McGavin
AG
Can't go wrong with Highland.
fka ftc
You looking to build or buy in a neighborhood?

Cambridge Homes is a small builder in DFW that puts out a nice product and is starting to expand down into the first move-up category (not sure if they get down to a price point that would be considered "starter").

Agree on Highland and their other brands.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Lots of options. Your biggest factor will be your budget. I've helped lots of first time Buyers from TexAgs, and would love to help you through the process!

Happy to answer any questions about process, areas, builders, etc.

Cell 972-365-0432
Email Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Buck Compton
AG
fka ftc said:

Cambridge Homes is a small builder in DFW that puts out a nice product and is starting to expand down into the first move-up category (not sure if they get down to a price point that would be considered "starter").

Curious, where do you draw the lines on starter vs. one step up?
NWE
AG
I'm currently building with First Texas. It's not our starter home but I can comment on their willingness to customize the floor plan to your liking. Our neighborhood is 1TX and Grand. The prices are better with 1TX and you can get the same amenities

You find complaints about every builder online. I made sure my realtor was with us the whole time to make sure we asked the right questions. Good luck!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Wellspring?
fka ftc
Buck Compton said:

fka ftc said:

Curious, where do you draw the lines on starter vs. one step up?
This is my opinion and may be a bit dated, but typically it is based on size of home and price point. I would say under around 2500-2750 would be starter at a price point at what used to be the higher 100s lower 200s but now is likely north of that now.

Would then peg a first move up at 500-750 north of a starter and another $100k or so on the price point. I am being very generic in this and this would apply to DFW / HOU markets. I could probably get you a firm, detailed answer but above is my view.
NWE
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Wellspring?

You got it! We're pretty excited.
raysh
That is what my wife and I did. We went with a builder and picked a layout, but we moved walls, added walls, added extra cabinets, etc. The builder sat us down and went through options e.g., water heater size and what kind of supports, i-beams versus trusses but of course there are always more I wish I would have done more changes. But thanks to the builder I have CAT 6 cable all over the place in addition to what i installed and they even let us paint rooms before carpet and trim went it, which made it so much faster to complete.

I wish I would have done spray foam insulation for the entire house. We did it in the basement later and it creates a vapor barrier and strengthens the walls.

So I cannot recommend you that builder. My next home will be a custom made one like here.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
NWE said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Wellspring?

You got it! We're pretty excited.
We are down the road in Lilyana
NWE
AG
Awesome area - I can't wait to move in. We go up to the house once a week and let the kids play on the playground. I take videos documenting the changes for posterity. We got in early and I'm happy with all the incentives we got as a first-five buyer all the new buyers aren't receiving. Our saleswoman said its 35-45k more expensive to buy today than when we did. Take that for what it's worth but I feel good about the timing and the area.

Living with the in-laws until then is a blessing but getting old already. Got a couple months to go.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
NWE said:

Awesome area - I can't wait to move in. We go up to the house once a week and let the kids play on the playground. I take videos documenting the changes for posterity. We got in early and I'm happy with all the incentives we got as a first-five buyer all the new buyers aren't receiving. Our saleswoman said its 35-45k more expensive to buy today than when we did. Take that for what it's worth but I feel good about the timing and the area.

Living with the in-laws until then is a blessing but getting old already. Got a couple months to go.

I hear you on that. We live with the in-laws down Coit for about 4 months before we found our place. Area has gone up quite a bit since we moved here even towards the end of 18
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.