Real Estate
Sponsored by

Insurance Claim - taking forever

1,802 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Troy91
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't really sure where I should post this. We file a hail damage claim for our roof. Claim was filed 9/22, field adjuster came out October 1 with our roofer. Haven't heard a thing since. Do I have any options here to speed up the process? Reading online it sounds like they have 15 days to accept or reject. Not sure if business days or not but either way they should be close to that limit.
histag10
AG
Have you tried calling your agent and asking? Ours has always answered these questions and helped move things along
The Fife
That's worse than where I am on a car claim from back in December. Filed under my insurance, theirs accepted responsibility, and even my agent is having a hell of a time getting anyone to move their asses.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Some states have time limits for carriers to accept/deny a claim. Might look and see if something applies in your state.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
BrianDemarais
AG
Insurance Broker here. Like someone said above, contact your agent. Claims adjuster turnover is HUGE, so we see it pretty often where an adjuster will change companies in the middle of a claim. Or, maybe they switched your Adjuster to someone else.
JP76
Who is the insurance company ?
canadianAg
AG
Insurance company is allied trust. At this point I'm just going to get an attorney involved to move this along.
Daddy
AG
canadianAg said:

Insurance company is allied trust. At this point I'm just going to get an attorney involved to move this along.

Update
Covid has made many companies move slow as chit. Everyone's at home teaching their kids
canadianAg
AG
Update, a complaint was filed with the department of insurance. I told the companies I filed it and the next day they called to tell me how big the check was
Troy91
AG
canadianAg said:

Update, a complaint was filed with the department of insurance. I told the companies I filed it and the next day they called to tell me how big the check was
This is always the correct answer for dealing with slow insurance decisions.

On the first day of law school, we were taught this little anecdote. "How do insurance companies make money? By denying claims."

Once you realize that layers of bureaucracy are designed to ensure most claim holders are simply exhausted by the process, the next steps become clearer.

(Yes, there are good people who work in insurance. Their systems are not designed to pay claims.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.