Real Estate
Sponsored by

Barndominium plans and builders

4,066 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GentrysMillTX10
aggiecoach01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for someone to draw plans for a barndominium. Anyone have any recommendations for the plans or a good builder?
bkag9824
AG
https://ourbarndominiumlife.com/floor-plans/
one MEEN Ag
AG
Mind if I ask what the appeal of a barndominium is?
Ragoo
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

nothing at all

Beckdiesel03
AG
I love sightings of the Ragoo family barndo. It's what we really want to get to. For us we really don't care about what's on the inside of the home other than basic rooms and living space but I would love to have a huge space for boat parking and toys/tools and a meat room for when we process and just overall more outdoor crap storage and outdoor living. I don't think we would ever be inside. And I have the clear roll up doors on my wish list I'm just afraid about bugs and mice. Mueller in NB does them I just don't have any knowledge of the job they do.
Ragoo
AG
I think Mueller did ours. My dad designed it and contracted the slab, metal building. He did the framing, plumbing and contracted the electrical. Behind the kitchen is a utility room, half bath and then the garage with loft over the bedrooms. Behind the living room is a full bath and 2 bedrooms.
aggiecoach01
AG
My wife and I just like them. We are out in the country and want the attached shop area.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Oh didn't mean any harm by the comment. I've just seen a lot of barndominiums and modern farmhouses pop up lately and they're both geared towards the same audience. That video on the website had a really pretty one as well as Ragoo's looks nice.

Just didn't know if barndos offered something that you don't easily get with wooden stick frame construction. Looks like its easier to have big big spaces for gatherings like Ragoo's family and also RVs. Do they tend to run cheaper per square foot or by the time you pay for the finishes its a wash?

aggiecoach01
AG
They can be cheaper, but since they have become more popular the price has gone up.
Owlagdad
We are looking at going this route. Rafter p construction out of Greenville has some elaborate looking ones. I haven't been on to look at floor plans though. I think most let you plan the interior. If you are anywhere near Longview and need stone to finish one, in laws run Longview Stone.
AndesAg92
AG
Ragoo said:

one MEEN Ag said:

nothing at all

Is it not really loud in there when you have the whole family and friends in there?
Ragoo
AG
Nah. The ceiling is all spray foam painted black.
bkag9824
AG
Ragoo said:

Nah. The ceiling is all spray foam painted black.

Curious what your final $/ft was?
Whitetail
AG
aggiecoach01 said:

I'm looking for someone to draw plans for a barndominium. Anyone have any recommendations for the plans or a good builder?
https://tracyscustomhomes.com/ <- aggies
aggiecoach01
AG
Thanks!
Harkrider 93
AG
Eric Herron
512-694-7528

He's an Ag. His wife and he are designing and building one for me. I am pretty sure all his kids have gone to A&M (6 of the 7 - last one is 14).
GentrysMillTX10
AG
https://www.rafterpconstruction.com/projects/homes/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.