Real Estate
Sponsored by

Industrial Tripple Net Lease Questions

1,283 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dcAg
AgBank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I purchased a business about 5 years ago that rents a warehouse (W1) on a triple net lease basis. I am in the process of purchasing another business that rents a couple warehouses (W2) and will move my operations from one (W1) to the other (W2). I have the following questions:

1. I will dig up the old lease and review the new lease, but what typically am I responsible for when I move out of a triple net lease property? Since I purchased the business that was renting a warehouse (W1) for over 11 years prior to my ownership, I don't know what the property was like prior to the original owner's lease.

2. Should I hire an inspector to review the warehouses for W2?

Thank you in advance!!!
flyingaggie12
AG
Devils in the details (lease) but you're responsible for Taxes, Insurance, Repairs & Maintenance (normal wear & tear) and utilities inside your box. New roofs and big ticket exterior items like that are usually covered by landlord (capital expenses) unless they snuck that in as well. As with anything in real estate, it's all negotiable. Only one way to be sure and that's looking at the lease.
Agilaw
AG
W1 - Lease terms need to be looked at closely. Sometimes the Landlord has remedies if you move out and don't continue operations even if you plan to keep paying the Rent.

W2 - I would always recommend an inspection. Also, roof and ac terms should be examined closely. A force majeure clause that is specific to your situation/industry is also something to consider.
dcAg
Is your lease up?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.