Real Estate
Sponsored by

Brazos county price/sq ft

1,771 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ratfacemcdougal
RDH80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has been discussed before but can't seem to find info , but what is the approx price per sq ft for custom build , finish out mid range , not super high end . House only .... already have land in Brazos county . I know there are lots of variables .... just trying to get an idea to determine if I should consider building . Utilities in place already.
fishngame06
AG
Lots of variables like you said (ie utilities to your site, etc) but probably will be difficult to stay under $150 per sq ft and could certainly be more in line with $170-200 and on up.
histag10
AG
Everything we looked at was around/over 150/sqft.

Maybe call Tilson and/or UBH to get a better idea? I know they both will build on already owned land, and both are in Bryan.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Would concur with the two previous posters...if you're hiring/paying a custom home builder in BCS, you're going looking at bare bones minimum of $150psf, but more likely $170 - $200psf depending on your tastes and builder.

There are some GC's that do a good job but aren't exclusively custom builders, who may be able to help you stay in the mid-$150psf mark. Not sure if there are still any 'cost plus' GC's around, but that would be worth looking into. They were big back in 2000 - 2008, but seemed to have tailed off after that timeframe.
JP76
~$150-$200 psf excluding land

But i will tell you right now lumber is going through the roof so cost will continue to climb

In the past week a 92 5/8 framing stud has went up ~25% and up 66% since May

OSB sheathing that was $7 in December and $12 in May is now approaching $23 a sheet

RDH80
AG
oh dear.....thank you
Aggie@state.gov
AG
I went to a few of the Parade of Home houses this past weekend. I realize that these may not be the true custom homes that people do but.........

I left 'unimpressed'. Most of 'custom home' features were cookie cutter floor plans with uber tall ceilings and GREAT rooms galore.

And I saw some real stupid finish outs. Like the door that opens into the pantry that prevents you from being able to open some pull out pantry shelves unless you walked all the way into the pantry, closed the door and then pulled out the drawers..........and the shower door that opens and bangs into the towel rack.....just as examples.
histag10
AG
Most of the stuff in Parade of Homes are in planned communities, right? Those are typically limited to a specific builder with specifc floorplans that can be semi customized.

I assumed OP was wanting a true custom build on their own land. If you really want to go custom and have the $$ to spend (blow), Keys & Walsh are also supposed to be great custom builders in bcs.
ratfacemcdougal
For the most part....wrong. BCS is about 99% custom. You can go to most any subdivision and have a completely custom home. They all have deed restrictions for size, setbacks, percentage of masonry, etc. Some subdivisions have a preferred builder....for advertising, but they are not going to exclude anybody. Stylecraft, is one that you have only a few choices. You are correct that Keys and Walsh are good builders though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.