Real Estate
Sponsored by

Using existing rental property to secure next loan

1,195 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by pantherag
Aggie369
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for some advice....just closed on our 2nd duplex. We bought 2 in 2 years...they cash flow nicely.

Whats my next step to use these properties to help secure a loan down the road? I need them to start not taking a loss on my taxes? Work on my relationships with lenders? Probably both of those...what else?
Sooner Born
Do you have any debt associated with your duplex currently?

Also, unless you found the deal of the century, avoiding it showing as a loss on taxes is going to be tough because you are required to take depreciation which can be a sizable amount. That shouldn't matter though as the banks understand that it's more of a paper loss than an actually loss.
Aggie369
AG
Yes 25% down
NoahAg
Following. I have a lot of equity in our first rental. Would like to deploy it to acquire a couple more.
Colt98
AG
We've done this a few times. Our local bank never had any issues with it.
Aggie369
AG
Do u have ur mortgages through that same bank?
Colt98
AG
No we didn't, but we were at 80+% equity and used a local bank on the second note.
Sooner Born
How far is "down the road"? Not an expert here but if you "only" put 25% down, I think you're going to have to see significant appreciation or hold them a long time to build up enough equity to use for another property.
SteveBott
AG
OP I can lay out loan options but need to use the phone. We can cover a lot of ground with a call. Contact info in my profile.

17 years in mortgages
pantherag
AG
369 - Steve Bott is good for you to work with. Steve is good people and you both have a common acquaintance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.