Real Estate
Sponsored by

Buying 1st Home -Wylie, TX area

1,532 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texker
JoeyB11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to buy our first home in the Wylie area. We're currently renting in Plano and were hoping to utilize our realtor landlord to bypass paying early lease termination, but that's not going to happen now.

Looking for recommendations to help both educate us and assist us in the process of buying our 1st home.
We're a dual income household and both have excellent credit. Thanks in advance TexAgs!
flyingaggie12
AG
Hi Joey - would love to help y'all out and guide y'all through the process. I'm an agent with kw and know the area well. Have some storage units between lavon and Hubbard.

It seems you have the area down, now we just need to hone in on the neighborhood and needs. The next most important thing is starting the process of getting pre-approved. Many lenders in here that can help with that. Happy to refer you to others as well.

Feel free to shoot me a text: 713.510.3149
Texker
AG
We looked at Wylie and went with Rockwall. Both are great but Rockwall just fit better. Best of luck!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Joey,
We'd love to help you with your first purchase. We've helped a ton of good Ags buy and sell (including first time home buyers like yourselves) all over the state. Feel free to PM, call, text, or email us to discuss!
832-491-8000
Office@MyRedPear.com

Good luck!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jpd301
AG
Wylie is a nice area, I have friends that love it out there.

They did have a massive hail storm a few years back, as in softball/grapefruit sized stones went through the roof decks, through the drywall ceiling, and damaged things inside the home. I know every house in their neighborhood was like that. It was wild. The first roofing contractor that worked on my friends house in Wylie originally just tried to lay shingles over the holes without fixing the decking.

If I were buying in Wylie I would want to make extra sure the roof decking is in good shape if it were a house that got hit hard.

showtime
AG
Just wanted to say you might check out Murphy as well.
cadetjay02
AG
I used Cody Robinson for a buy and sell a couple months ago. He's a good dude and exactly the type of guy you want negotiating on price. He's a sponsor on this site and based out of Prosper.
SteveBott
AG
I will also refer Cody.

If you have mortgage questions my info is in my profile or ask here.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
JoeyB11 said:

Looking to buy our first home in the Wylie area. We're currently renting in Plano and were hoping to utilize our realtor landlord to bypass paying early lease termination, but that's not going to happen now.

Looking for recommendations to help both educate us and assist us in the process of buying our 1st home.
We're a dual income household and both have excellent credit. Thanks in advance TexAgs!
Would love to help with your process. I've worked with many first time buyers in the past 15 years. There are lots of moving parts so your choice of Realtor is important. I've helped many, many people from TexAgs...been a sponsor here for over a decade.

Feel free to call or email with any questions at all. Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com or 972-365-0432.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Jay and Steve,

Thank you so much. Appreciate the kind words.

Cody
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
BrianDemarais
AG
I'm a Home and Auto Insurance Broker in Dallas, feel free to reach out if I can assist.
NWE
AG
Never met Cody but he sounds like a swell dude.

Good luck!
Texker
AG
Everyone has different criteria but we didn't care for most of Murphy. It's just another suburb on the prairie. There's a small part with houses on acreage but it's hella expensive now. We were looking for more of a hometown feel. Wylie at least has a downtown that's doing well and we seriously considered a couple of houses more toward the lake but it's not Rockwall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.