Real Estate
Sponsored by

Crystal Beach realtors

906 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 94chem
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering a home down there for investment/vacation. Can anyone recommend a realtor? Also, any different neighborhoods such as Jamaica Beach on Galveston side to recommend?

On a related note, one realtor steered me toward the homes that he was listing. Do I:
a) say "that's a nice house; I'll get back to you at some point when I choose a buyer's agent."?
b) call him out right away and tell him that dual agency is illegal in Texas?
c) passively aggressively mention that I might offer 97% of list since the seller only owes 3% commission?
ATM9000
AG
94chem said:

Considering a home down there for investment/vacation. Can anyone recommend a realtor? Also, any different neighborhoods such as Jamaica Beach on Galveston side to recommend?

On a related note, one realtor steered me toward the homes that he was listing. Do I:
a) say "that's a nice house; I'll get back to you at some point when I choose a buyer's agent."?
b) call him out right away and tell him that dual agency is illegal in Texas?
c) passively aggressively mention that I might offer 97% of list since the seller only owes 3% commission?

Well... B and C are a little presumptive since B doesn't preclude the realtor from being an intermediary and, since it sounds like you have no agreement with any realtor including that realtor. C is something embedded in the agent's agreement with the seller regardless if you represent yourself or not.

Either start negotiating with or without a realtor and offer whatever the hell you think is fair.
Diggity
AG
definitely b
nonameag99
I'd rent in the area where you are considering buying

My parents ended up buying the house that they rented several times in Indian Beach

IMO, Bolivar is a different crowd than the West End
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
94chem
nonameag99 said:

I'd rent in the area where you are considering buying

My parents ended up buying the house that they rented several times in Indian Beach

IMO, Bolivar is a different crowd than the West End

So I've heard. I know people who work in Beaumont. They don't live there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.