Real Estate
Sponsored by

Florida Beach Condo Question

956 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trucker 96
AgBank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife wants to purchase a condo in Longboat Key similar to what her family had when she grew up.

She asked me to run the numbers, but I am not much of a real estate guy. It seems the first couple that I looked at basically breakeven. It seems any return would come from the appreciation.

How should I estimate the asset appreciation? Should I just plug in 3%? I believe my wife would like hold this condo for a really long time.

Thank you in advance.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
^^^AirBNB owner.

If you are buying this for a vacation home you shouldn't be banking on appreciation. And as COVID has shown us, you should be able to cover the entire cost of ownership without banking on other people to help make your payment. They can dry up overnight.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Trucker 96
Friend sold one in Destin about 2 years ago after owning it about 6 years. All in, it it ended up break-even and it took the sales appreciation just to get to break even (albeit they did do a kitchen reno while owning it). So many operating costs, especially if you aren't local. Adds up fast per month and months pile on months
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.