Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Demolition

922 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ratfacemcdougal
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted in Home Imporvement.

Considering making an offer on a property with a 1960s house on it. House is in pretty rough shape and I'd consider it a tear down. I know that it has vermiculite insulation in the attic and I'm assuming everything in the house is asbestos.

What all do I need to consider for this?
pdawg10384
AG
I've owned 2 1940's homes that were torn down. One city of Houston and one city of Bellaire. Asbestos was never even brought up as a concern.
rather be fishing
AG
pdawg10384 said:

I've owned 2 1940's homes that were torn down. One city of Houston and one city of Bellaire. Asbestos was never even brought up as a concern.
Biggest time period for asbestos was the 1960s-1970s.

I'm more concerned about what other things I need to be thinking about. We would demo and then do new construction in a little different location on the property. It's on septic and water supply is from a spring located on adjoining Forest Service property.
The Fife
rather be fishing said:

Considering making an offer on a property with a 1960s house on it. House is in pretty rough shape and I'd consider it a tear down. I know that it has vermiculite insulation in the attic and I'm assuming everything in the house is asbestos.

I haven't seen that much in the way of the bad kind of asbestos in Texas SFH. A lot of the pipe insulation that caused problems was more popular in the midwest and northeast.
rather be fishing
AG
The Fife said:

rather be fishing said:

I haven't seen that much in the way of the bad kind of asbestos in Texas SFH. A lot of the pipe insulation that caused problems was more popular in the midwest and northeast.
This house is located with 30 miles of the mine in Libby, MT.

Like I mentioned above, I'd like to know what other things I need to be thinking about with a demo.
ratfacemcdougal
Asbestos siding?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.