Real Estate
Sponsored by

Selling Home Without Inside Pics

1,404 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gramercy Riffs
lobopride
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why would someone list their house for sale and not have inside pictures?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2440-Lakebend-Dr-Little-Elm-TX-75068/122312081_zpid/?
I am a slave of Christ
The Fife
Maybe they're not really interested in selling? I've seen a bunch of listings like this in the past and never bothered to go check any of them out because there are plenty of decent ones with pictures.
TXTransplant
Funny...I've bought two houses that didn't have inside pics.

My general rule is that I won't even go look at a house unless I can see pics online first.

First house (2004), looked at a bunch of houses and couldn't find anything I liked. A listing kept popping up with no interior pics, but I finally read the description of the rooms, and they met all my requirements.

Went with my realtor to look at it, and was sold on the spot. It was by-far the best house I'd looked at.

House I live in now (since 2013) - same thing. I couldn't find anything I wanted to put in an offer on. This house kept popping up on HAR but with no pics. I finally googled the address and pictures came up (on HAR - not sure what happened there). Went to look at it, and the rest is history. Put in an offer that day.

It is a pet peeve of mine, but there are crazy people like me who will work around it, if desperate enough.

As a side note, in both cases, the houses were new construction. It seems to be a more prevalent issue with those listings.
jopatura
AG
Guessing it's currently got a tenant who doesn't want to clean the place up enough for pictures or is willing to let a crew in at this point.
aggie appraiser
Most of the time, the place looks like crap, but this place appears to be well cared for on the outside, so I would take a look at it if it fit my criteria.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Why is the lawn photoshopped?
lobopride
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Is it? I just thought it was a pretty lawn
I am a slave of Christ
Martin Q. Blank
Ol_Ag_02 said:

The sky is too. Real estate photographers do that.
dubi
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

HDR photography.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yea the aerial shows the yellowness of the lawn. My friend does real estate photography and they touch up the lawn & sky all the time.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Yes, we do sky replacements and modify lawns all the time. But if you can tell that it was done, it wasn't done well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.