Real Estate
Sponsored by

Lake Help

3,496 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HumpitPuryear
Biodesignpools
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a little Aggie Network help.

I am in the market for some lake property. Looking for some thoughts on Texas lakes.

Only a few things I need:

Lake access. Preferably the ability to build or extend a dock.

Preferably within 3 hours of Waco.

Good for wake boarding and fishing.

That's about it. Could be an existing house or undeveloped property.

M2Spider
AG
Check out Hilltop Lakes near Normangee. Lots of property out there.
ag87#
AG
Lake LBJ. On it right now. You can build a dock and, more importantly, the water level is constant.

On Lake Travis, your dock could either be underwater or on dry land depending on the water level fluctuations.

LBJ is also not as crowded as Travis because the day boaters from Austin stop at Travis and the day boaters from San Antonio stop at Canyon

Burn-It
AG
There's this thing called the Real Estate board, check it out. It's amazing...
AKA 13-0
StoneCold99
AG
Burn-It said:

There's this thing called the Real Estate board, check it out. It's amazing...
Secolobo
AG
Mods got the weekend off.
mccjames
AG
Lake Dunlap has some deals if you are willing to wait a few years before you have water again.
Easy come, Easy go
camra
Lake Granbury
khaos288
AG
If you like catfishing, I know of a lake limestone house about to be on the market. Huge barn on property and covered dock with boat lift.
78669AG
Lake Travis but it'll cost you a million +
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Ag81Pete
AG
Lake Limestone. Half way between CS and Waco. Very reasonable property values. Huge lake. Very nice area with many Aggies owning property.
Ag81Pete
alamoaggie64
AG
Of the Highland Lakes, I would recommend LBJ. Constant level. They used to drain it every few years for clean-up and repairs, and that was ideal time to build or repair a dock or wall. I have been on Buchannan and Travis, both beautiful, but too many times you have too much or not enough water.
alamoaggie64
alamoaggie64
AG
I also visited Lake Whitney one time. Beautiful! But I really don't know anything else about it.
alamoaggie64
DeangeloVickers
AG
My goodness I miss PreCovid

A lake thread on M-W
Impatient Angler
AG
I'm in the lake house market as well. Anyone have any thoughts on Lake Palestine? Palestine seems to hit all points for OP also.
Jbob04
AG
Impatient Angler said:

I'm in the lake house market as well. Anyone have any thoughts on Lake Palestine? Palestine seems to hit all points for OP also.

Big lake with lots of timber. Great crappie fishing
Daytona22
AG
We are on Lake Palestine and been there for years. Great fishing if you're into that (we are not) but depending on where you get it's really good for water sports as well. Just find a place south of 155. We are on the east side. Not super crowded but a nice lake to be on.
schwack schwack
AG
Give Dana Staples a call - she's nice, professional & knows Lake Palestine better than anyone.

https://www.unitedcountrylakepalestine.com/index.html

We've used her & her team to purchase several rental properties. She sold a lake house for us - not on Lake Palestine, but a small private lake in Palestine TX - and we could not have been happier with the process.
Medaggie
I have a place on Lake LBJ. Best lake In central Texas. Good fishing, decent sized cities close with HEBs within 15 min of most places, Wide lake, constant level, and most people I have met are exceptionally nice and down to earth.
Goldie Wilson
Anybody have a realtor recommendation for Lake LBJ / Marble Falls area?
davido
AG
End up making a decision?

It may depend on if you want to be able to boat to restaurants an stuff like that. Some will have stuff like that, some won't.

HOA or no?

Is size of the lake important?

How close? 1 hour is a lot different than 3 hours, 2 hour vs 6 hour round trip. The closer it is, the more likely you'll use it, or is it primary residence?

Budget may dictate something less developed further from major metropolitan areas versus primer LBJ, Lake Travis, Lake Conroe, or the close in DFW lakes. A lot of choices in central Texas, east and west between markets. Just have to stay away from Corp and most powerplant lakes (no docks).
MAS444
AG
Are they definitely rebuilding the dam to fill up Dunlap again?
Ragoo
AG
MAS444 said:

Are they definitely rebuilding the dam to fill up Dunlap again?

unlikely
HumpitPuryear
AG
Will Gilliam
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.