Real Estate
Sponsored by

Property tax rate comparison

1,315 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ratfacemcdougal
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a site or an easy way to compare various property tax rates. I am looking for the full tax (city, county, school, hospital, etc) rate for various properties. I am looking for a house and my search is Caldwell, Somerville, Snook, and Burton (just south of the lake) in the city limits, or in the county. Thanks
Lone Stranger
I'm almost surprised at the number of people in BCS I've talked to looking at this....then I remember what my tax bill has done in the last 5 years and completely understand. I would assume there are GIS type maps where you can get an overlay of all the different tax rates from the various entities that apply across the county and then zoom into an area to see what the property's tax rate is given all the overlaying entities. That is an assumption because I've never seen or looked for one. Not sure who would be the best place to start with. Maybe some of the tax people, realtors, etc. know where the best places to get it are without having to find a property and then look up the rate on the County CAD for that property.
SteveBott
AG
I have not looked at those CADS but I would search the address you're interested in and you should get rates for all taxing entities there.
Rexter
A little more in depth....

For Washington CAD, search the property, then click bills and you can see the last 20 yrs worth. Then click Tax Statement and will show a copy of the actual statement with values, rates, etc.

For Burleson, search the addy, then click on the property. The rates and value will be in the first block. Further down you will find the last 10 years of value.
SteveBott
AG
Thanks. I just do this so much I don't think about step by step. I know where it is and find it. FYI most smaller counties use the same third party vendor so once you get the hang of it you can find info easier on others.
Rexter
SteveBott said:

Thanks. I just do this so much I don't think about step by step. I know where it is and find it. FYI most smaller counties use the same third party vendor so once you get the hang of it you can find info easier on others.

I had to think about it even though I'm in various CADs 20+ times a day.
ratfacemcdougal
Lone Stranger said:

I'm almost surprised at the number of people in BCS I've talked to looking at this....then I remember what my tax bill has done in the last 5 years and completely understand. I would assume there are GIS type maps where you can get an overlay of all the different tax rates from the various entities that apply across the county and then zoom into an area to see what the property's tax rate is given all the overlaying entities. That is an assumption because I've never seen or looked for one. Not sure who would be the best place to start with. Maybe some of the tax people, realtors, etc. know where the best places to get it are without having to find a property and then look up the rate on the County CAD for that property.
My motivation is, I have an office in Caldwell and an office in College Station and I rent in far north Bryan so I am looking for a place generally somewhere between Caldwell and College Station. I am fairly certain Burleson county is going to be a bit less of a tax bite than Brazos county.
ratfacemcdougal
SteveBott said:

I have not looked at those CADS but I would search the address you're interested in and you should get rates for all taxing entities there.
Steve and Rexter...

I figured (hoped) Steve would show up. I am in the various county cad sites all the time. I was just looking for the lazy way out. Funny thing is, I have been in the cad's so much, I could have written the info down and had a good list for comparison by now.

Thanks All.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.