Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home buying in San Antonio

1,815 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Lurker
El Hombre Mas Guapo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just took an offer to move down to SA from Dallas - will be starting around 7/1 - and wanted to get our first home search kickstarted ASAP.

Current plan is for my wife to follow in about a year (obligation at work) but she's excited because SA is where she grew up and her family is still there.

Was thinking that I could take advantage of that gap and make serious renovations if wanted / needed before it needs to be 'livable' 100% of the time. Maybe allowing me to get a more intensive fixer house in the right neighborhood and stay within budget.

Any realtor's I should talk with first? Have some friends in the biz there but they're relatively young.

Thanks!
p_bubel
This thread is pretty freakin old at this point, ignore the prices listed for sure, but the neighborhood blurbs still ring "true-ish"

Link

I think.

Mind you, it was put together by me and AgDev who have an inside Loop 1604 bias.
valtosca
AG
Would love to help you find your home here in San Antonio. Have helped several TexAgs folks.

Patrick Thompson '10
210-422-2074
mwp02ag
AG
My wife is with JP and Associates, im an active TREC inspector and we're investors who've completed a couple of house hacks in San Antonio. She's recently helped a client find a great deal on an historic home house hack with an income property out back.

We love the plan to create wealth that way. Her name is Heidi 830-214-4231.
The Lurker
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

Just took an offer to move down to SA from Dallas - will be starting around 7/1 - and wanted to get our first home search kickstarted ASAP.

Current plan is for my wife to follow in about a year (obligation at work) but she's excited because SA is where she grew up and her family is still there.

Was thinking that I could take advantage of that gap and make serious renovations if wanted / needed before it needs to be 'livable' 100% of the time. Maybe allowing me to get a more intensive fixer house in the right neighborhood and stay within budget.

Any realtor's I should talk with first? Have some friends in the biz there but they're relatively young.

Thanks!
Use link by p_bubel to get familiar with areas. Post questions in San Antonio forum and you will get honest answers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.