Real Estate
Sponsored by

Essential versus non-essential

2 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mwp02ag
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's considered essential work in these ****ed up days?

San Antonio is about to follow Dallas' most recent order and from what I've been told appraisal is considered essential work.

How are the rest of y'all getting along? What was the immediate reaction in Dallas following the order. It sounds as if not much is changing in all honesty, but one doesn't know till it happens.
themissinglink
AG
I posted on another thread, but the following is what the state of Massachusetts considers essential:

https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-essential-services/download

I couldn't figure out what is considered "non-essential". Real estate would qualify under financial "Workers who are needed to process and maintain systems for processing financial transactions and services".
p_bubel
aggie appraiser
I'm essential until I get a ticket or a big fine.
p_bubel
Thanks.

I'm overloaded with work currently, but I expect purchases to slow to a trickle here shortly.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Homes in the competitive prices ranges in DFW are still getting multiple offers.

I've heard of transactions being cancelled as well.

In our view, we are considered essential as we are part of the banking industry and residential construction applies as well.
Absolute
AG
Things have gone from 200 percent over any previous year high to my first week of not being full on Inspections. Calls have dropped off the board.

I have a buyer's inspection in the morning that I will go do. Then I think I am going to choose to adhere to the stay at home order for a while. I will consider incoming buyers Inspections on a case by case basis. I am going to push one year warranty inspections out, as it appears the builders are agreeing to extensions.

I don't know what is true or not anymore with this thing. My thoughts and opinions seem to change daily, there is so much conflicting information. I hate the thought of unknowingly being a connection that gets my family or others families sick despite trying to take precautions and be safe. The stay at home thing makes sense to me as a tool and I really wish the spineless leaders we have at the stare and federal levels would step up.

I don't want to, but we can survive and be fine for a while, so we will be. If that helps keep things sane and safer, I cam accept the loss. Who knows, maybe our spineless leaders will actually compensate small businesses like ours. Ha
Absolute
AG
Things have gone from 200 percent over any previous year high to my first week of not being full on Inspections. Calls have dropped off the board.

I have a buyer's inspection in the morning that I will go do. Then I think I am going to choose to adhere to the stay at home order for a while. I will consider incoming buyers Inspections on a case by case basis. I am going to push one year warranty inspections out, as it appears the builders are agreeing to extensions.

I don't know what is true or not anymore with this thing. My thoughts and opinions seem to change daily, there is so much conflicting information. I hate the thought of unknowingly being a connection that gets my family or others families sick despite trying to take precautions and be safe. The stay at home thing makes sense to me as a tool and I really wish the spineless leaders we have at the state and federal levels would step up.

I don't want to, but we can survive and be fine for a while, so we will be. If that helps keep things sane and safer, I cam accept the loss. Who knows, maybe our spineless leaders will actually compensate small businesses like ours. Ha
Yesterday
AG
You can make a case for almost everything being essential. And I pretty sure everyone is.
mwp02ag
AG
I have two existing home inspections today and a new final for tomorrow, that's it for now. I was easily doing 7-10 inspections a week and turning down lots until this happened. I will work until I am told I can't, I have to.

They closed our crossfit gym down and I am not sure how it will survive this. Our two short term rentals were rocking, $3500/avg, gone. We have 6 months of expenses in savings and she will go back to nursing to keep up but damn we lost a ton of revenue instantly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.