Greetings, fellow TexAgs addicts! I've been a part of this community for what seems like forever, and I've been one of your Sponsors for over a decade. I just wanted to take a few minutes to share what the Covid Crisis has done to my business, the D/FW Real Estate market in general, and everyday life.

First, for D/FW Real Estate the reason I label it so precisely is that every market is different, so I'm only going to speak about what I know. And I don't have a crystal ball. If I did, I would have sold every stock I own 30 days ago! We are seeing fewer showings on listings, but not a complete standstill. We are seeing some Buyers back out of deals, but we are also seeing most closings occur as scheduled. I have closings scheduled for next week, and so far everything is on track for every one of them. I had a new listing hit the market last night. We have showings this weekend on that new listing. We are not holding Open Houses because it's not a smart thing to do, and quite honestly not necessary. I do think the market will take a hit, and prices may fall to some degree. Where Buying or Selling is a NEED, the beat will go on. Where it is a WANT or a CHOICE, I think people will take a step back for a month or two. It's interesting that this year was starting out white hot. I told many people that we were headed back to the multiple offers of a couple years ago. Now, not so much. So, here is how I see D/FW Real Estate good and bad news:

The Good
if you are a Buyer, you will have the ability to get a better deal than before all this started. If you are a Buyer at price points of $350k or less, you won't be dealing with multiple offers on every property you like. Interest rates, although they have risen in the past week, are still historically low.

The Bad if you are a Seller, it's going to take longer to sell your home (for the next couple of months at least), and your ultimate sales price may be a little lower. I DO NOT thing housing prices are going to drop DRAMATICALLY, however. Some point to Oil and Gas industry troubles as a sign of a housing bust. In D/FW, we are not nearly as dependent on O&G as some other areas. If you are a Buyer that was previously on the fringe of qualifying, you may be out of luck.

Robinson Team Real Estate News - My business is doing fine. I've worked really hard for almost 15 years building a business that is fueled by an extremely loyal base of clients. They (including many on TexAgs) are leaning on me right now for advice and conversation, and also for Buying or Selling if it's a need for them. I think our number of closings per month will take a hit in the near term, but we are prepared for that. I'm just doing what I always do looking out for the best interests of my clients. That will benefit everyone in the long run.

At the Robinson Casa - My kids are in the midst of distance learning through Prosper ISD, which started two days ago. I have two girls, 8th and 5th grade. They miss being with friends, but I'm trying to make it fun with the introduction of Mr. Lunch Lady (see pic below). I'm also reminding them that this is a great opportunity for us to spend extra time together. My 14 year old has gotten a couple of driving lessons from Dad in empty parking lots as well. Fun (and scary) times indeed. Teresa and I have encouraged them to make daily entries in a journal to record their feelings and experiences through this. I think in 10 years, they will enjoy looking back on this experience.

Thanks for reading. I hope some of this either gave you good information, or at least made you smile. Be safe and take care. I'm available to any of you if you have Real Estate questions via phone or email. My cell is 972-365-0432. Email is Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

And be nice with your replies! If you are, I'll give you an extra scoop of instant potatoes!

Sincerely,
Cody Robinson
Owner/Broker/Agent
Robinson Team Real Estate, LLC
Cell 972.365.0432
www.MyRobinsonTeam.com