Real Estate
Sponsored by

Housing bust coming.

28,723 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NWE
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

Trying to help my Aggie son buy a house in East Dallas. We are battling others in multiple offer situations.

Real estate is local.
Same. Wife and I are trying to buy our first home. We've lost on 2 offers that people are jumping way over market price. Have a third offer and hoping for some good news today because we love the home, but it has multiple offers as well.
Shooter McGavin
AG
wangus12 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Trying to help my Aggie son buy a house in East Dallas. We are battling others in multiple offer situations.

Real estate is local.
Same. Wife and I are trying to buy our first home. We've lost on 2 offers that people are jumping way over market price. Have a third offer and hoping for some good news today because we love the home, but it has multiple offers as well.
Finally found a house and beat out another offer after having lost on two others.

Had to go way up in price range to find something that didn't have a feeding frenzy
rilloaggie
AG
rilloaggie said:

Deats99 said:

agneck said:

When oil gets cheap in Texas you have people lose their jobs and lose their houses. Lenders will repossess then after a while they'll sell them cheap. Sometimes auctions have occurred. Save your money it's coming. They'll be lots of commercial properties get repoed too. Way over lended on that. N
Didn't read the thread, just the first post. Whatever. Unless this virus knocks the SE asian population down by 20% oil will be back shortly. What I am seeing is a lot more people better prepared and less leveraged than before.

There are so many damn programs in place now to prevent foreclosure that it is avoidable.

Prices are not dropping. There is a decreased supply. Just my .02 cents from Washington State to Maine along the West, Gulf, and East Coast where I am licensed.

OP has started threads similar to this one no less than 3 times, basically every time the price of oil drops, going back to 2016. Several more posts buried in other threads. He may be right (or not) on this occasion but he's batting .000 with his previous calls.

Anybody a millionaire yet? It's been a little more than a year since the OP... still looking for those houses and land for $.15 on the dollar!
combat wombat™
AG
We've been looking for a house for over a year. I'll admit we're "discerning" (picky as hell) but, the amount of inventory on the market has been disappointing.
Shooter McGavin
AG
WoMD said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Real estate is local.

Tell him to wait 6 months until the potential fall out of covid happens. He may get some good deals by waiting. Worst case, he is in the same situation he's in right now. Best case (for him), well, you refuse to acknowledge the potential for best case, so I won't try to convince you.

You know the current listings and pricing is not an accurate reflection of what's going on in the world today. There is a delay. Everyone with a brain knows that.

Where is the real estate soothsayer?
Diggity
AG
Ha... I remember this thread.

Definitely did not see this market coming!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
agywife
NWE
AG
agneck said:

Unemployment rising to 24%, oil to 15$/ barrel, and the CARES act and banks restructuring loans, and delaying payments house payments for six months and there is no housing bust coming?

Freezing cold takessss

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.