Real Estate
Sponsored by

Landlords

8,135 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GunRangeGal
evestor1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember to request your forbearance before your autopayments happen this month!
WoMD
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

If it's an organized non-payment where both rent and mortgages get a temporary suspension, it all evens out. If it's unorganized and the rent doesn't get paid anyways, the landlord is in a worse spot.
I can understand banks and mortgage companies modifying loans and adding skipped payments to the end of loans. If tenants are allowed to skip rent payments they probably will not make up those payments - my guess is that they will just move out when it's time to make up those payments or when their lease is up. Chances of getting back rent current is basically nil. IMO

That's why you need a good deposit at move in.
schwack schwack
AG

Quote:

That's why you need a good deposit at move in.
Agree but are in small town East TX & unfortunately, not a lot of great salary jobs so getting a ton of money up front is not going to happen.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Agreed.
Aggiemike96
AG
My one and only tenant (San Antonio) just paid their April 1 rent in full!
Furlock Bones
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Seems like a known cost of doing business. Slumlord game ain't for errybody.
why am i not shocked that this moronic comment comes from express? what a dumbass.
histag10
AG
So, surprisingly, it seems that students who lived on campus stayed home after spring break, while those with leases tended to come back. Many of them also have jobs around town in the food industry and are still working.

I think the University will move to more online classes, simply because they can charge more for them ($700ish fee for each online class you take), but I dont think they will solely go that.
hopeandrealchange
I have five rental homes. All students.
100% rent collected on time.
I will admit I was concerned.
CS78
hopeandrealchange said:

I have five rental homes. All students.
100% rent collected on time.
I will admit I was concerned.

Same here so far. Everybody is on schedule. I have a couple that always pay around the 4th-5th but most paid yesterday.
evestor1
2 paid in full
2 paid in full (i gave 25% discount)

1 paid on accident b/c of autopay and then asked for it back ... she has not lost a job or suffered any heartache. cannot wait to evict her when it is possible for having two dogs that are not allowed.
Diggity
AG
evestor1 said:

1 paid on accident b/c of autopay and then asked for it back ... she has not lost a job or suffered any heartache.
oops
CS78
Diggity said:

evestor1 said:

1 paid on accident b/c of autopay and then asked for it back ... she has not lost a job or suffered any heartache.
oops
At least you know what her plans for May are.
Premium
AG
evestor1 said:

2 paid in full (i gave 25% discount)
What The....
schwack schwack
AG
All paid!
TexaN792(2)
AG
One paid no problem and one tenant whom we really like we decided to defer payments for this month and had them sign a new lease and spread the amount owed over the remaining 14 months.

One tenant who is a giant pain in the ass is saying because I haven't been able to fix his bar sink that he is withholding payment. (We are waiting for the new faucet from amazon)

I told him after the 3rd he will be assessed late payments and on the 5th we will begin the eviction process. Currently waiting on a call back from my real estate attorney.
Diggity
AG
TexaN792(2) said:

One tenant who is a giant pain in the ass is saying because I haven't been able to fix his bar sink that he is withholding payment.
wow...that is stupid on so many levels.
TexaN792(2)
AG
Diggity said:

TexaN792(2) said:

One tenant who is a giant pain in the ass is saying because I haven't been able to fix his bar sink that he is withholding payment.
wow...that is stupid on so many levels.
Pretty sure he is grasping at any excuse because he doesn't have the money
Diggity
AG
definitely. I know these are unique times, but withholding rent for (supposed) maintenance issues is a silly strategy.

He would be better off just claiming poverty in this new reality.
Yesterday
AG
One paid before the first and the other that is always late or asking for extensions is now asking for another. I'm happy he at least called and said he could pay on the 11th. I ofcourse granted it but I have a feeling he won't have it on the 11th either.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My 1 renter paid on time, as expected. I got contacted out of the blue by a guy who wanted to lease my open unit, he passed all the screening AND paid cash for the deposit, 1st & last. We will see how it goes. He is a shift manager for a beer distributor, said business is booming and they are basically getting as many hours as they want. We will see.
Trucker 96
I think I read where alcohol purchases were up 55%
TX AG 88
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

I think I read where alcohol purchases were up 55%

i believe this!
GunRangeGal
AG
Rent has been paid on our two rentals. Not a peep from the tenants. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.