Real Estate
Sponsored by

Cash Close Question

1,569 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by E
CaptnCarl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Question for all you real estate gurus:

Is it common or even possible to close on a house with cash, then turn around and get a mortgage on the house to get some of your cash back out of it? Would most mortgage lenders go for this or snuff their nose at this?
SteveBott
AG
Yes you can do that. Lots of variables on how much and rate. Figure 80% of purchase price unless you wait 6 months and get a new appraisal
jja79
AG
Is there a reason not to get a purchase money mortgage? Terms would be better than a cash out loan.
Diggity
AG
I heard about people doing this in super hot neighborhoods a few years ago. They would lose out to cash offers so the strategy was to go ahead and pay cash, then finance later.

Can't imagine any other reason to do it.
SteveBott
AG
JJ is correct purchase money is cheaper
CaptnCarl
AG
Diggity - you're on track. Thanks for the info guys.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm sure you are already doing this, but make sure you look into the tax implications of wherever you plan to pull your cash together from.
E
AG
When I got my house at the end of 2013, my father bought it in cash and I got a mortgage shortly after some remodeling to pay him back and get his name taken off the home. I believe it was a Texas Cash-Out loan.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.