Real Estate
Sponsored by

Cost of Residential Construction in CS

2,475 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieAces06
Copperpot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone give me a ballpark price per square foot range to build a custom home in CS? Specifically in neighborhoods like King Oaks, Saddle Creek, Duck Haven, Williams Creek, etc.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
As economical as possible, $150-175/sqft. We went through this 1-2 years ago. Was told some very high numbers by a few builders, up to $250/sqft and thought we'd never be able to afford to build. Met some other builders and I think $175-190/sqft is closer to the average range? I'm sure someone in the industry can comment with better data.
Copperpot
AG
I assume your price/sqft numbers do not include the price of the lot? I've been using lot cost plus $200/sqft for my calculations.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Yep, no lot.
AggieAces06
AG
We just did a custom build in BCS. We had the property already, and the construction cost came out around $175-$180/sq ft. I'd say our house would be in the same range of what you'd expect from the nicer end neighborhoods, but not to the level of Miramont.
La migra52
AggieAces06 said:

We just did a custom build in BCS. We had the property already, and the construction cost came out around $175-$180/sq ft. I'd say our house would be in the same range of what you'd expect from the nicer end neighborhoods, but not to the level of Miramont.

Holy **** 175-180/sq ft???????? Without a lot???
Aggie71013
AG
This tells me almost everyone is under insured...
jmazz
AG
It's really expensive to build/live here.

We built these townhomes for around $115-120/sf (land not included.)

We're building houses like this for around $88/sf. (Land not included.) (Not that this is what you're looking to build bust just FYI.)

And when I say 'we' I mean that's what we got them built for. I'm the investor/developer and we hired a GC/builder.
dallasiteinsa02
AggieAces06 said:

That is about the same range of new construction in Miramont.
AggieAces06
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

AggieAces06 said:

That is about the same range of new construction in Miramont.

Not really. But ours did include a fire suppression system and septic. (Thanks to being in CS city limits, but not having sewer or a fire hydrant close enough) Take those out and we'd probably be closer to the $170/sq ft range.

We were also 100% custom from design to finish. We probably could have had a lower price by going with a more spec home and a builder who does more than 25 homes a year. But we liked the control and the level of quality our builder offered.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.