Real Estate
Sponsored by

Title Company/Escrow Agents

1,908 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Agilaw
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SteveBott
AG
Title is priced per state of Texas rates. It won't matter who you use. For the most part anyway. It's a scam but that does not matter to you. And most purchase transactions the seller picks title anyway so you have to really push to get your company. Not worth the time.

You need other help more. Price negotiation would help. Inspector is very important. Good mortgage advice is a help. If you need financing.
rilloaggie
AG
We used Pillar to Post for our inspection at Briar Forest between Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford. They did a good job and the report was well done. I would recommend going ahead and getting the sewer tested and sending a camera down it as well. In the area you are looking the drains are a mixed bag and you might run into some that need replacement in the near future. I used this guy: https://m.facebook.com/professionaldraininspectors
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
If you decide that you would like help with running and interpreting sales comps to make sure you don't overpay, choosing a solid inspector and negotiating repairs/seller contributions, negotiating a title company that will waive escrow fees for you (title insurance rates are set by the state of Texas, but escrow fees are not), giving you advice on selecting the best lender/debt available, and in general having someone on your side throughout the process, I would be happy to help you.

We offer up to 2% commission rebates, meaning we do all this for just 1%. I helped a friend from the MRE program buy a house in Wilcrest last summer, and my wife and I looked for a home there before ultimately moving to Oak Forest, so I'm familiar with the area. Happy to discuss via PM, email, or over the phone.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Bitter Old Man
AG
tmaggie50 said:

I'm working on representing myself in a purchase of a home. The only home purchase I have made is for my current house 5 years ago, so some of the details are a little foggy on the process.

Does anyone have recommendations on home inspectors, Title companies or Escrow Agents in the Houston area? Looking to buy in the Wilcrest/Kirkwood area.

If you are on a message board, asking these kind of questions, you need a realtor. You're not saving anything by rep-ing yourself.
mgreen
The realtor is free for the buyer. Why would you represent yourself? I am a realtor. The realtor for the seller will not do anything illegal but will make sure you pay for everything. They just have more experience with contracts and negotiating. Get a realtor.
SteveBott
AG
A realtor is not free to the buyer.
tmaggie50
AG
SteveBott
AG
As long as you use the TREC contract, as you indicated, yes it's pretty straight forward.
Martin Q. Blank
tmaggie50 said:

IMO, The realtor is not free for the buyer. The 3% is baked into the listing price. My offer will be X - the 3% commission to help save myself some money and get a slightly lower tax starting point. I have access to comps and can easily find/ have found the market price. These are all standard forms with very little modifications if any. Find the addendums that fit your need. Check the box for seller pays and submit the offer.

There are plenty of message boards and YouTube videos that discuss what the norms are for each party to pay for and cost/percentages. Yes, everything is negotiable. The good thing about residential is there is no tricky language. Everything is standardized with box checks and fill in the blanks.

I do appreciate the responses though.
-The seller is going to see what you're doing and want that 3% too.
-Your offer will psychologically look like a low ball (even if it's not) because (a) 3% is shaved off and (b) you don't have a realtor so you already come across as cheap.
-The seller's realtor will attempt to take advantage of you.

Better to get a realtor like Red Pear who can first negotiate the price and then ask for 2% off after an agreement has been made. I guarantee he will be able to make up the hypothetical 1% in negotiating alone.
tmaggie50
AG
Martin Q. Blank
If you're a licensed realtor, then do a full offer with your commission. After an accepted offer, renegotiate the price during the option period to put the 3% on the price instead of commission to save on taxes.
Agilaw
AG
Up front - I am an attorney and also a licensed RE agent. I'm not seeking to represent you in your transaction. I would absolutely use services of a real estate broker/agent in your situation.

If you were selling, it might be a consideration to save some $ on commissions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.