Real Estate
Sponsored by

Looking for residential architects for Modern Farmhouse Design

2,911 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MAS444
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are in the early phase of building our forever home, and would like to speak to an architect to complete the elevations. The look we are going for is more of a modern farmhouse style (Beam and Baton, Black Windows, light colored rock, Medium colored woods...)

Can anyone steer me into the right direction? House will be in Montgomery County near Houston.
Martin Q. Blank
Chip and Jojo
sbyrne1016
Howdy! I am a residential architect specializing in custom, single family homes. I'd be happy to help you with the design of your dream home. Below is a link to my page on Houzz. Feel free to reach out for more information. Look forward to hearing from you!

Steven Byrne
c/o 2011

https://www.houzz.com/professionals/building-designers-and-drafters/steven-byrne-residential-design-pfvwus-pf~344409965
DamageDone
AG
StudioMET is an Aggie design/builder in Houston but they will travel for the right project.
I am using them for my new home. They are doing some really cool stuff.
MAS444
AG
StudioMet is great but everything I've ever seen them do is very modern...which is much different than "modern farmhouse."
SteveBott
AG
Op I know you were struggling to find the lot loan so be extra careful on setting up financing on a unique property. Do your homework...twice.

The problem will be getting comparibles for comps on the appraisal
one MEEN Ag
AG
ForeverAg said:

We are in the early phase of building our forever home, and would like to speak to an architect to complete the elevations. The look we are going for is more of a modern farmhouse style (Beam and Baton, Black Windows, light colored rock, Medium colored woods...)

Can anyone steer me into the right direction? House will be in Montgomery County near Houston.
ForeverAg,

You're going to run into the same problem that tech recruiters do when they hire coders. Your requirements are very specific and you want experience, while the coding language isn't that old.

I would recommend just going with Magnolia. You can tell them to cool it on the shiplap and you want more shelves in the kitchen. You'll have a whole portfolio of completed homes to tell them what you like/don't like.

I've got a few friends who went various different routes in their farmhouse dream home and it always looks like something is missing from their house or is too bland of a white wash. As a side note, the stock builders are the worst at getting the look right.

Missouri Boat Ride
AG
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
We built a modern farmhouse and love it. We used PACT design here in BCS. Email me if you want to see photos and/or plans.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Sent
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Beam and Baton? Do you mean board and batten?
sangredevino
There's an Aggie in the heights named Bobby Robinowitz. Does excellent work. Rey detail oriented.
Oneof12
AG
Mark Richardson is an Aggie and the best you will find, both in spirit and craft. He is with Shiflet Group out of Austin and does unbelievable work.
ForeverAg
AG
Gahhh yes I frequently call it beam and I can't explain why.
ForeverAg
AG
Would you happen to have contact information? Google gives me a guy up in New York
MAS444
AG
http://www.mcintyrerobinowitz.com/

I love these guys work too but it's also generally more modern than what I normally see termed "modern farmhouse." They're also on the higher end of the spectrum
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.