Real Estate
Sponsored by

Kingwood?

1,458 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiebq03+
88Warrior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So does all of Kingwood flood or only certain areas? Looking to relocate this summer to the Houston area and just trying to see what areas should or should not be looked at further.
SwissAgg
AG
Large parts of Kingwood flooded but not all of the neighborhoods.

My brother's neighborhood did not flood luckily for him. He lives in a

neighborhood called Green Tree Village.
TombstoneTex
AG
Where are you working? I would be more concerned about the commute to downtown. You can find a house that hasn't flooded in the KHA area.
88Warrior
HYC_AG said:

Where are you working? I would be more concerned about the commute to downtown. You can find a house that hasn't flooded in the KHA area.

225 and Beltway 8..
Martin Q. Blank
Nice areas of Deer Park and La Porte.
94chem
225 & 8 is an easy commute if you're in the front of town. Getting out of the back of Kingwood can add 10 minutes. Used to take WLH Parkway to 8, but that's too developed now. Check out Bear Branch, Hunter's Ridge, Trailwood, Kingwood Lakes, South & N Woodland Hills, and King's Forest.

If you want a gigantic yard, look at King's Forest and Forest Cove.

All the schools are fine, if you care. Some of them are rated lower for reasons that aren't real, like getting downgraded for offering ESL, which puts an artificial anchor on test scores.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
I live in the Barrington which is towards the front of KW.

We flooded during Harvey (Lake Conroe release got all of us) but we didnt flood from Tax Day, Memorial Day, or any event since Harvey.

When we were building our house in '16 the realtor told us the last recorded flood in the Barrington neighborhood was i think in '94.

Hope this helps your search some.
aggiebq03+
We live in Woodridge Forest and it's never flooded. Across the county line so we are in Montgomery instead of Harris, which makes it a Porter address. It's New Caney ISD instead of Humble ISD. Parts of North Park Drive flood at the entrance, but none of the houses in the neighborhood flooded in any of the events over the past several years.

PS - no matter where you live in Houston, all it takes is a storm drain to clog for you to flood. Always get flood insurance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.