Real Estate
Sponsored by

Northeast Texas real estate investing

1,567 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by irish pete ag06
GigEmRangers75455
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm currently living in San Antonio but have a house in Mount Pleasant on Lake Bob Sandlin. We're wanting to move there within 3-4 years and retire. I'm wanting to invest in rental property in the area (maybe Tyler, Longview, Texarkana etc) to have enough income to retire.

I've considered single family, storage units, duplexes and apartment complexes. I do have a commercial building paid off and rented out just outside of Mount Pleasant but I'm wondering what areas would be in demand and which kind of investments may be the best bang for my buck.

I follow a lot of Dave Ramsey principles and don't like debt so I will have roughly $350,000 within 3 years to invest without going into debt. My mortgage will be paid for as well by then. Thanks for any advice or ideas.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I've been an investor for over ten years. My advice is to find a mentor that is ahead of you that can share good advice and counsel. One of the coolest things about real investors to me is that they don't see the world as a "fixed pie" and are therefore willing to share incredibly valuable information/advice just because. My next recommendation is to read everything you can on real estate investing. Bigger Pockets, books, YouTube videos, etc. Everything you can absorb, do it. And lastly, if you want to go at it with the Dave Ramsey approach, fine, but at least make up your mind on that once you fully understand the game and the implications of buying all cash. Good luck.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
GigEmRangers75455
Thank you for the advice. I've done the Dave Ramsey principles for vehicles, homes, etc but I am willing to put a good sized down payment on investment properties and finance the rest if the numbers make sense. I've read several books and listen to bigger pockets daily I just didn't know if there's anything in the area that's booming or something that may have run its course. Thank you for the help.
itsyourboypookie
Check out my YouTube @ Roughneck 2 Real estate. I also have a fb group with the same name.

We have 25 doors in Tyler. 350k can get you a solid 10 door portfolio there with gross rents of $+~ 7000 a month.

Below is a video I did on the 2% rent rule, which is very easy to achieve in those markets.

Also included an interview I did with Grant Cardone who is the anti Dave lol. But he provide great info on REI

GigEmRangers75455
itsyourboypookie said:

Check out my YouTube @ Roughneck 2 Real estate. I also have a fb group with the same name.

We have 25 doors in Tyler. 350k can get you a solid 10 door portfolio there with gross rents of $+~ 7000 a month.

Below is a video I did on the 2% rent rule, which is very easy to achieve in those markets.

Also included an interview I did with Grant Cardone who is the anti Dave lol. But he provide great info on REI

This is awesome. Thank you so much for the help!
irish pete ag06
AG
I need to talk to you and learn more about this as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.