Real Estate
Sponsored by

Any realtor recommendations for the Houston Memorial area?

3,322 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JamesBREI06
AginCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My dad passed away in September and I need to figure out what to do with his house. As you can see from my handle, I live out of state.

His house is in the Rustling Pines area near Rummel Creek.

Any recommendations on someone who really knows the area would be appreciated.
mazag08
AG
That area is a mixture of older homes and rebuilt McMansions. The weight is trending more and more toward land value. Actually a pretty good demographic mixture and quite a few younger families.

I'm very sorry for your loss and can't imagine being in your position. I would love the chance to help out and make the process as easy as possible. I live about 10 minutes from there and have done business in the immediate area numerous times. Feel free to email me.
Sazerac
AG
I've used Brandi Paulo for a couple of transactions in that area and she lives a few neighborhoods over. Very tied into the market and potential buyers.

you can probably sell the house off market and only have to pay zero/one side of the realtor fees. Can get someone to post details of the house on the facebook groups and you will get plenty of interest.
AginCal
AG
Thanks. These are helpful.
TexaN792(2)
AG
I have used Cathy Miller for several properties throughout the area for personal and investment uses and she has been great every time.

832-287-9719
one MEEN Ag
AG
AginCal said:

My dad passed away in September and I need to figure out what to do with his house. As you can see from my handle, I live out of state.

His house is in the Rustling Pines area near Rummel Creek.

Any recommendations on someone who really knows the area would be appreciated.
I would recommend Red Pear Realty. Jamie Poirier, the owner, does flat fee listings but he delivers full service as a real estate agent. You'll save thousands using him. I bought a home with him and could not have been happier with his insight, responsiveness, and professionalism. His business model will become the future for residential real estate.

Quick search says average home value in Rustling Pines is 800K. Everyone else on this thread is chomping at the bit to take 3%, ($24,000) of your equity just to pull comps, put it on HAR, tell you to clean up the house, and more or less rubber stamp the standard Texas real estate contract.

Jamie will do all of that for as low as $1,200. (Last time I checked his website, could be more). And he's just as attentive to the fine parts of the contract as anyone who is hawking their services here at 3%. When we bought our house, the sellers tried some shenanigans on us and Jamie's approach to setting the terms of the contract protected us during the option period. PM if you want to talk about my experience. His number is 713-303-9025.

My condolences about your father's passing.
Mr07Ag
AG
Rob Adams sold my house for me and was fantastic to work with. He took time to understand our situation, gave sound advise and worked hard to accomplish our goals.

Rob Adams
(713) 784-7606
rob@robadamsproperties.com
SteveBott
AG
Has the estate been settled?
AginCal
AG
SteveBott said:

Has the estate been settled?
Probate court date is November 6th, next Wednesday. Letter of testamentary should be a couple of weeks later.
nonameag99
I used Carter Breed for a buy and sell in Bunker Hill. He is great.

https://www.jcarterbreed.com/

I'd also explore the Red Pear Realty recommendation. Houses in that area will sell themselves because of the schools and location. You could save some money on your realtor.
SteveBott
AG
Just keep in mind these estate resolutions never are on time. I've done enough divorces to know. I'd plan on listing no sooner then January. Good chance it will be March. So keep the place up. You will need more on hands since you are remote. Talk to red pear but focus on service not just realtor cost.

Diggity poster here is an option. He can introduce himself.
AginCal
AG
Thanks
SPF250
AG
nonameag99 said:

I used Carter Breed for a buy and sell in Bunker Hill. He is great.

https://www.jcarterbreed.com/

I'd also explore the Red Pear Realty recommendation. Houses in that area will sell themselves because of the schools and location. You could save some money on your realtor.
Carter's bride is an Ag. Know him well. Can recommend highly.
sts7049
AG
Diggity is a good guy
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SteveBott said:

Just keep in mind these estate resolutions never are on time. I've done enough divorces to know. I'd plan on listing no sooner then January. Good chance it will be March. So keep the place up. You will need more on hands since you are remote. Talk to red pear but focus on service not just realtor cost.

Diggity poster here is an option. He can introduce himself.
hundred bucks Diggity has already sent a PM
SteveBott
AG
I sent him a link when this came up. He is still here just not posting as much.
jjdavis85
AG
I'm a Memorial area Realtor;however, I've been looking in the area for sometime for a personal purchase. Feel free to email me at jjdavis85@gmail.com if you want to chat.
DRE06
AG
Hi Agincal. Sorry to hear about your father. I currently live in the area, but with 2 kids since we bought our house, we have outgrown our current home.

I'd really appreciate it if you could email me so I could find out more about the home. Maybe we could work out an off-market deal and save some transaction costs.

BRENTRMILLS@gmail
K Bo
AG
Another vote for Diggity
Diggity
AG
I appreciate the recs from some of my past clients on here...and you Bott!

Honestly, the Memorial area is its own different animal. I've worked it before in the past on the buyers end but guys like Clint Simpson are who I would look to for listing.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I did a deal this Summer where I repped the buyer and Clint repped the seller, and I think we ended up around $100k less than the ask price. I would recommend Diggity over him.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Diggity
AG
Thanks!... I think
Win At Life
AG
So are you gonna do it or not!
case04
AG
Diggity said:

Thanks!... I think
Diggity is a good guy! Give him a call. Jonathan Davis mentioned above is also great!
cab559
AG
Clint Simpson or Perdomo Properties does a lot in the area also.
jjdavis85
AG
Thanks Casey! Again, I'm interested in the property for my family as well, so feel free to reach out to me directly at jjdavis85@gmail.com if you're interested.
JamesBREI06
AG
Hey agincal. That is one of a few neighborhoods I'm looking to move to next year. So I'd take a look too off market. My parents live a few streets over in Gaywood. James@covestmentcapital.com

Sorry for your loss, we just recently lost a
Member of our family as well.
Whoop!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.