Real Estate
Sponsored by

Parents selling home in Magnolia (Indigo Lakes)

2,691 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Fife
Up&ComingAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My parents are selling their home on a private and secluded 3 acre cul-de-sac lot in Indigo Lakes in Magnolia. They are simply looking to downsize as they are heading into retirement and move closer to grandchildren because the wife and I need some more free childcare, ha. My dad is class of '72, but doesn't post on here, so I told him I'd get something on here for him. Thanks for looking and passing along to anyone with interest.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/29228-Diamond-Creek-Dr_Magnolia_TX_77355_M86037-01382
MAS444
AG
I've always been curious about that neighborhood. How is the lake? Does it get super crowded? Good for skiing, fishing...?
mazag08
AG
I see you're an appraiser. Did you help them set the price for the listing?

I'm just curious, because valuing acreage property away from the city isn't as easy as looking at comps on a PSF basis.
Up&ComingAg03
AG
We love the neighborhood and my kids always have a great time when we're back visiting from Austin. I've seen people fish and ski/tube on the lake, but it's a smaller lake so I'm not sure what it's most ideal for. The times we've been there the lake isn't busy at all, but we also don't do much but swim in the lake and play in the lakeside park area.

mazag08, I gave them some thoughts, but also had them talk with the listing agent too. As you said, these types of neighborhoods are all over the place because no two lots or homes are the same. A lot of this seems to come down to personal preference in buyers, do you want seclusion, do you want to be along one of the more main roads in the neighborhood but on the water, etc. The neighborhood has a little bit of everything for everyone. If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them. Feel free to private message me.
mneisch
AG
My parents also live in the neighborhood and we love visiting them. Lake will be busy during a few weeks in the middle of summer with folks tubing or wakeboarding. But even that is maybe 4-5 boats in total (except July 4, will be crazy then). My dad and I fish frequently and we are usually the only boat out.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Up&ComingAg03 said:

We love the neighborhood and my kids always have a great time when we're back visiting from Austin. I've seen people fish and ski/tube on the lake, but it's a smaller lake so I'm not sure what it's most ideal for. The times we've been there the lake isn't busy at all, but we also don't do much but swim in the lake and play in the lakeside park area.

mazag08, I gave them some thoughts, but also had them talk with the listing agent too. As you said, these types of neighborhoods are all over the place because no two lots or homes are the same. A lot of this seems to come down to personal preference in buyers, do you want seclusion, do you want to be along one of the more main roads in the neighborhood but on the water, etc. The neighborhood has a little bit of everything for everyone. If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them. Feel free to e-mail me at todd@huey-group.com
Unsolicited advice: 3 acres or not, that house needs some updating to command a half million dollar price tag in the exburbs area. There's a lot that is really nice about that house: the lot, the general look of the outside of the house, extra large garage, etc. But I can't see someone who has the means to buy that lot, not also staring down some needed updates that they are going to want you to reduce your price by.

Easy:
-Paint the floor trim, cabinets, and doors white. It'll go great with the grey walls and the black countertops. Don't touch anything else in the kitchen, save the drawer pulls (maybe).

Medium:
Take out the lineoleum stick down and put down carpet upstairs.

Hard:
-Knock down 2 to 3 divider walls by the stairs and the kitchen.
-Put down SPC wood look plank flooring over the tile. Don't tear the tile out, you have it everywhere downstairs so you can get away with this. Team will come out, etch the surface of the tile, and then pour a leveler over it. Put it in the master bed and bath as well.

You do all that, and it'll be a bidding war from a bunch of 28-33 year old married couples with two young kids who want to 'escape the city.'

If you're interested in DIYing any of that. I've got great recommendations on paint, paint sprayers, and flooring. Currently wrapping up a remodel in my house and happy to share where to get great prices on everything.

tommyjohn
My curiosity is getting the best of me...Why 3 dishwashers?
Premium
AG
tommyjohn said:

My curiosity is getting the best of me...Why 3 dishwashers?

Could be an ice maker and something else...
Up&ComingAg03
AG
Yes, it's a dishwasher, ice maker and trash compactor
The Fife
I'm usually not a paint the cabinets guy, but it is kind of an oak overload in that place. Some of the bathroom fixtures to me are out of place, as well as the tile, because they seem very inexpensive compared to the rest of the place and the price.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.