Real Estate
Sponsored by

College Station home with character

2,632 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dubi
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From Sponsor, Hayden Riley:

Lots of people say they want a house in B/CS with character to update and make their own. Here is a prime example of just such a house!

What would you do? Come by with your ideas on Sunday from 1 to 4pm and be entered to win a $50 visa gift card!

http://www.haydenriley.com/listings?RDClisting_id=8283160501&Property_type=0

The Fife
Like the original tile in the bathrooms, but everything else is kind of generic.
dubi
AG
It honestly looks every other 1960's home that hasn't been renovated. New flooring doesn't fix old.

$$$$ to gut the kitchen and baths.

I like the large lot.
Satellite of Love
Listing the same set of photos multiple times just seems lazy on the realtor's part. Do you guys not proof check your own listing?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Looks like prices are coming down. Looks like a good value.
one MEEN Ag
AG
That house is in an interesting situation. The value is mostly in the lot size, but its location is dead center in the middle of renters/sorority row. Renters usually don't value oversized lots, and lots of families aren't going to want to deal with renters all around them.

A prospective buyer who wants to rent it out is going to want to see around $1 a square foot/month rent which works out to 2,300 a month. That is a steep asking price for that level of interior finishes.

Best of luck selling. I think if you spruced it up a bit you could convince a young family to buy it.

IWannaGoFast1
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

That house is in an interesting situation. The value is mostly in the lot size, but its location is dead center in the middle of renters/sorority row. Renters usually don't value oversized lots, and lots of families aren't going to want to deal with renters all around them.

A prospective buyer who wants to rent it out is going to want to see around $1 a square foot/month rent which works out to 2,300 a month. That is a steep asking price for that level of interior finishes.

Best of luck selling. I think if you spruced it up a bit you could convince a young family to buy it.

I had the same thought. I feel like it is well overpriced at the moment. Then again, the trend around here right now is to list extremely high and start coming down tens of thousands within a month-couple months.
Leeman
Is it true the CS now is a buyer's market ?
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Couldn't say on the whole. Average days on market including closing is over 100, though.
mgreen
It is definitely a buyer's market.
dubi
AG
Leeman said:

Is it true the CS now is a buyer's market ?

I live just south of Park Place and we have lots of for sale signs. A few years ago those houses would have sold in 1 day.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Wicked Good Ag
You are going to have to put way too much into that house for the square footage of the actual house

Lot size is huge but not interesting
dubi
AG
It would be intriguing if the neighborhood was owner occupied.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.