Real Estate
Sponsored by

Texas- Agent Exam

1,685 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by irish pete ag06
sawemoffshort07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I have done the 180 hours, fingerprints/background, now just pending taking the Agent Exam (state/national). I was wondering if any of yall have any recommendations for study material/practice exam(s)? Preferably online and self-paced.

TIA
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
I know you mentioned on line and self paced, but I'd actually recommend an in-person prep class. I know Champions does one, and I'm sure others do as well. I don't know anyone that has failed after going this route. The test is not nearly as hard as the stats indicate. I think the stats are more an indication of who is taking the test (low barriers to entry). Good luck!!
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Bob_Ag
AG
I took my course work through Real Estate Express (McKissock), and they have this exam prep master to help you. It was good, but I felt like there was a lot of stuff missing on the State part. I felt pretty confident too because I was scoring over 90% on all the practice exams, but then during the real thing there was some stuff I had no idea. At the time I thought a live class might have better prepared me.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Bob_Ag said:

I took my course work through Real Estate Express (McKissock), and they have this exam prep master to help you. It was good, but I felt like there was a lot of stuff missing on the State part. I felt pretty confident too because I was scoring over 90% on all the practice exams, but then during the real thing there was some stuff I had no idea. At the time I thought a live class might have better prepared me.
I made the mistake of taking this same online course three years ago because it was half the cost of Champions and I figured it'd be the same material.

I am a good test taker and after I drove an hour and a half to take the proctored exam I got there and sailed through the 80 national exam questions and then when I got to the 30 question state portion I was completely lost and started panicking.

I get done with the exams and didn't feel good at all. They gave me the results and sure enough I failed the state portion by a single question. Had to drive back from Houston to CS an hour and a half in total shock, reschedule and make the three hour trip a week later because of one question. Went back and passed after reviewing the entire Champions prep booklet I was able to obtain.

I would definitely recommend getting a copy of the Champions exam prep if that's not the course you took. Best of luck.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Do you still have a copy?
sawemoffshort07
AG
Double post?
johnnyblaze36
AG
sawemoffshort07 said:

Do you still have a copy?
I just looked and I do indeed. Not sure where you are located but I'm in CS and it's all yours if you'd like it.
(removed:10EA24-2)
Don't fret - if you went through all your material for each quiz and did okay then you will be fine.
irish pete ag06
AG
Bob_Ag said:

I'm currently doing this one and it's brutal in my opinion. Wish I had gone the champions route, but I'm pot committed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.